Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-03 Marlins (Sanchez) at Brewers (Estrada), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, insanely, 13-12, 10 innings]

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gomez has been good over the last 7 games? That probably is the kind of wortless stat that RR would use. Thank you for illustrating my point.

Maybe with Johnson starting for the Marlins tomorrow, another righty, RR wanted to alternate center field duties for consecutive day games with oppressive heat indeces, especially with Morgan playing the past 2 games without an off day. Lots of lefty starters coming up before the break, so Gomez's day off is probably tomorrow. I think it has more to do with playing conditions and preventing fatigue than anything - on paper Gomez shouldn't be playing in front of Morgan when comparing careers against RHP, but there are other factors that aren't taken into account that managers need to weigh.

And as I write this, Gomez gets thrown out at 3rd with no outs....never mind!

I don't disagree with your point, but if he wants to give guys a chance to rest why not do Green at 1B, Aoki in CF and Hart in RF? Green obviously hasn't been lighting the world on fire, but he's also been getting 3-4 AB's a week the last couple weeks it seems.

Gomez has been good over the last 7 games? That probably is the kind of wortless stat that RR would use. Thank you for illustrating my point.

Maybe with Johnson starting for the Marlins tomorrow, another righty, RR wanted to alternate center field duties for consecutive day games with oppressive heat indeces, especially with Morgan playing the past 2 games without an off day. Lots of lefty starters coming up before the break, so Gomez's day off is probably tomorrow. I think it has more to do with playing conditions and preventing fatigue than anything - on paper Gomez shouldn't be playing in front of Morgan when comparing careers against RHP, but there are other factors that aren't taken into account that managers need to weigh.

And as I write this, Gomez gets thrown out at 3rd with no outs....never mind!

I don't disagree with your point, but if he wants to give guys a chance to rest why not do Green at 1B, Aoki in CF and Hart in RF? Green obviously hasn't been lighting the world on fire, but he's also been getting 3-4 AB's a week the last couple weeks it seems.

I see your point, and this really has nothing to do with the current Gomez/Morgan discussion, but Aoki is simply not a MLB caliber CF. At all. But neither was Kotsay last year ;)

I see your point, and this really has nothing to do with the current Gomez/Morgan discussion, but Aoki is simply not a MLB caliber CF. At all. But neither was Kotsay last year ;)

Not sure why you say that. His arm is stronger than Morgan's. He might not go back on the ball as well as Morgan but he seems to be able to judge the ball off the bat a lot better and can come in better.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Not sure why you say that. His arm is stronger than Morgan's. He might not go back on the ball as well as Morgan but he seems to be able to judge the ball off the bat a lot better and can come in better.

How do you not have a job in baseball? Crazy how you know and see EVERYTHING!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think Hart's days of bouncing back and forth between 1B and RF are numbered...he's probably their every first baseman moving forward this season.

If that's true, management needs to make some roster adjustments to give RR more flexibility on platooning (Green needs to backup more IF positions than first to get more AB's, Ishikawa and one of Morgan/Gomez is trade bait)...oh, and DFA/trade Izturis.

Really, it's coming to that? I was giving my opinion and asked him why he thought what he did. It's well-known that Morgan has a weak arm so it isn't much of a stretch to say Aoki's is better. I also used the word "seems" to indicate that it wasn't necessarily a given fact but that to me, it "seemed" like Aoki judged the ball better. But yes it would be nice to have a job in baseball. Or any job for that matter.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I think Hart's days of bouncing back and forth between 1B and RF are numbered...he's probably their every first baseman moving forward this season.

If that's true, management needs to make some roster adjustments to give RR more flexibility on platooning (Green needs to backup more IF positions than first to get more AB's, Ishikawa and one of Morgan/Gomez is trade bait)...oh, and DFA/trade Izturis.

I definitely agree. If they want to stick Hart at 1B full-time, then either Green should be playing more at 3B/2B or just sent down since Ishikawa is the backup at 1B. Then they should call up another OF like Schafer.

Really, it's coming to that? I was giving my opinion and asked him why he thought what he did. It's well-known that Morgan has a weak arm so it isn't much of a stretch to say Aoki's is better. I also used the word "seems" to indicate that it wasn't necessarily a given fact but that to me, it "seemed" like Aoki judged the ball better. But yes it would be nice to have a job in baseball. Or any job for that matter.

It's just how you word stuff and never seem to see other points of views. Cannot stand people who think there is one version of how how this game should go. Be open. You'll learn a lot more about the game.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Your last couple of posts have been quite rude.

Thanks bro.

I would've been Ok with Aoki bunting there. Or Gomez stealing and then a possible bunt. Gotta tack on.

I would've been Ok with Aoki bunting there. Or Gomez stealing and then a possible bunt. Gotta tack on.

The problem with bunting Gomez over to second is Braun will not likely see a decent pitch. Thats why I prefer not to bunt there. With 0 outs.

It's just how you word stuff and never seem to see other points of views. Cannot stand people who think there is one version of how how this game should go. Be open. You'll learn a lot more about the game.

And telling me I could learn a lot more about the game is kind of condescending. I have learned a lot about the game on this board but from people like Russ, TheCrew07, TLB, etc. Plus I'm not some teenaged kid here. I've followed baseball for just about all of my 28 years. I can see other points of view but when someone says something I don't agree, I will ask why they think that and say why I think it's wrong. After all, this is a message board to be used for discussion. Your posts calling me out don't really have much value here.

Your last couple of posts have been quite rude.

Thanks bro.

Condescending posts arent to welcome, just giving you a heads up. He made a point and you sarcastically attacked him.

Archived