Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-03 Marlins (Sanchez) at Brewers (Estrada), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, insanely, 13-12, 10 innings]

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn you RR, why did you play Hart? Stupid base running.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator
Rickie only needs to duplicate his 2009-2011 numbers the rest of the way to get to .230 or so for the year. So that is probably about where I would project him to end up. More realistically, he will end up in the .220 range.

Cody Ransom. A guy that should be a backup at 3B, SS & 2B next season. Good pickup Melvin.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sweet play. But of course that can't trickle off his glove for a base knock. Just the way the season has been.

Real smart there Gomez, making the 1st out at 3rd. Yeah it was close but no reason to do that with Braun coming up. And it was a terrible attempt at a slide.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Gomez has been good over the last 7 games? That probably is the kind of wortless stat that RR would use. Thank you for illustrating my point.

Maybe with Johnson starting for the Marlins tomorrow, another righty, RR wanted to alternate center field duties for consecutive day games with oppressive heat indeces, especially with Morgan playing the past 2 games without an off day. Lots of lefty starters coming up before the break, so Gomez's day off is probably tomorrow. I think it has more to do with playing conditions and preventing fatigue than anything - on paper Gomez shouldn't be playing in front of Morgan when comparing careers against RHP, but there are other factors that aren't taken into account that managers need to weigh.

And as I write this, Gomez gets thrown out at 3rd with no outs....never mind!

Archived