Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-03 Marlins (Sanchez) at Brewers (Estrada), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, insanely, 13-12, 10 innings]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/marlins.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 3 | 3:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Marlins (38-41) | Brewers (37-42)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/marlins/sanchez-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/estrada-07.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]4-6, 3.94 ERA, 1.22 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]After losing three straight and six of seven decisions, Sanchez collected a win in his last outing against the Cardinals. He gave up three runs in seven innings. Sanchez has given up three or fewer runs in 11 of 15 starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-3, 4.50 ERA, 1.12 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Marlins | Game Log[/h3][h3]A three-run homer to Jay Bruce spoiled Estrada's otherwise stellar return from the disabled list in Cincinnati, where he set a career high and matched the Brewers' season high with 12 strikeouts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jose Reyes
  2. 3B Donovan Solano
  3. RF Greg Dobbs
  4. LF Logan Morrison
  5. CF Justin Ruggiano
  6. 2B Omar Infante
  7. 1B Gaby Sanchez
  8. C John Buck
  9. RHP Anibal Sanchez

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Carlos Gomez
  2. RF Norichika Aoki
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. SS Cody Ransom
  8. C Martin Maldonado
  9. RHP Marco Estrada

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Not a good week to have lots of day games. It is looking like a mistake. Today the temperature is going to be around 95 at game time, tomorrow the forecast is for 99, and 102 on Thursday with temperatures over 100 for the entire game. That's dangerously hot. Maybe they should move the Thursday game back to 7 PM.

So now Gomez is going to start taking starts away from Morgan against RHP and bat 1st over Aoki? Am I missing something or is RR's infatuation with Gomez getting creepy? I guess Aoki is such a great bunter that he needs to bat 2nd?

I can get over sub-optimal lineup construction, as it has only a minor effect on run production. What I can't stomach is the fact that the manager of the Brewers consistently employs bad logic and relies so much on his own faulty observations (Gomez can hit!).

Not a good week to have lots of day games. It is looking like a mistake. Today the temperature is going to be around 95 at game time, tomorrow the forecast is for 99, and 102 on Thursday with temperatures over 100 for the entire game. That's dangerously hot. Maybe they should move the Thursday game back to 7 PM.

We have tickets for tomorrow's game, but I decided to give mine to my nephew. Way too hot for me. I'd rather sit in air conditioning and watch the game on TV

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I knew that Gomez home run was going to be a negative in the long run.

That's exactly what I thought as soon as he hit it. It guaranteed him another start today. I really like Gomez and wish that he could suddenly become as good as his potential. But the fact is, he thinks he's Babe Ruth or something and swings as hard as he can at almost anything close. I really believe if he changed his approach, used his quick hands to concentrate on line drives, and utilized his speed out of the box, that he could become a really good player. But at 26, I highly doubt anything will change with him. And as good as he is defensively, I don't know if he will be worth the 3-3.5 million he'll likely get in arby next year as the RH half of a platoon.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

He's giving guys a day off. A rotation. Big deal. It's 100 degrees out. He's smarter than all of you when it comes to the Brewers. Quit the griping. Go Brewers!!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

He's giving guys a day off. A rotation. Big deal. It's 100 degrees out. He's smarter than all of you when it comes to the Brewers. Quit the griping. Go Brewers!!

I honestly think there are at least 5-10 people who post regularly here who could do a better job than Roenicke. Hell, they'd probably do a better job than a lot of managers because it seems like most guys still think in terms of "old-school baseball."

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I honestly think there are at least 5-10 people who post regularly here who could do a better job than Roenicke. Hell, they'd probably do a better job than a lot of managers because it seems like most guys still think in terms of "old-school baseball."

Then half of this board would call them Macha 2.0 and want them fired the day before they were hired. I always find the fire this manager because x y and z can do it better when x y and z are also being discussed to be fired and questioned why they are even in baseball as a manager. In the end a manager doesn't really have much of an effect on the game as most seem to think they do this is the "old-school baseball" mentality I guess.

Wasn't talking in terms of baseball knowledge or managing the game. Was saying he's in that clubhouse and knows who needs a day off more than anyone on here. Cry me a river. Nothing I hate more is people who think there is one way a baseball game should be managed. Just a couple days ago people were saying how Nyjer should be benched for his stupid play. Well he's out so at least those people are happy.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Well the marlins scored five off of greinke so with baseball's random ways estrada will probably have a shut out. Here's to that! Time to decide which way to go Brewers, this back and forth crap doesn't do it for me.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

So because Roenicke started Ransom at SS instead of Izturis, today's bash the manager in-game thread can focus squarely on playing Gomez instead of Morgan in CF against a righty starter...

Gomez over the last 7 games:

4-16

2 HR, 1 2b, 1 3b

0 walks, 6 strikeouts

1.063 OPS

Morgan over the last 7 games:

2-19

2 singles

2 walks, 4 strikeouts

.296 OPS

I get that Morgan has been a much better hitter vs. righties throughout his career than Gomez, but I have no problem with Roenicke playing a guy that's been hitting better than Morgan all season long. Especially in a day/afternoon game where defense is going to be a priority with Miller Park shadows, and Gomez is the best defensive outfielder the Brewers have. Plus, a few games ago everyone stumbled over themselves griping about another stupid play by Morgan and how he should be benched. Should Gomez be leading off? No, but Morgan shouldn't be, either.

So because Roenicke started Ransom at SS instead of Izturis, today's bash the manager in-game thread can focus squarely on playing Gomez instead of Morgan in CF against a righty starter...

4-16

2 HR, 1 2b, 1 3b

0 walks, 6 strikeouts

1.063 OPS

2-19

2 singles

2 walks, 4 strikeouts

.296 OPS

I get that Morgan has been a much better hitter vs. righties throughout his career than Gomez, but I have no problem with Roenicke playing a guy that's been hitting better than Morgan all season long. Especially in a day/afternoon game where defense is going to be a priority with Miller Park shadows, and Gomez is the best defensive outfielder the Brewers have. Plus, a few games ago everyone stumbled over themselves griping about another stupid play by Morgan and how he should be benched. Should Gomez be leading off? No, but Morgan shouldn't be, either.

Stupid RR!

To address the gomez issue, would it be a good idea to start Gomez everyday once/ if we sell? To finally put that issue to bed? I would greatly be in favor of that even though I have little hope for Go Go
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

4-16

2 HR, 1 2b, 1 3b

0 walks, 6 strikeouts

1.063 OPS

2-19

2 singles

2 walks, 4 strikeouts

.296 OPS

Or start Aoki in CF, Hart in RF, and Green at 1B. Green has seen almost zero PT in the past few weeks.

Keep the dang ball in the park pitchers.

Despite the 2 run bomb, I have a good feeling about today's game, When I went to bed yesterday down 2 runs I had a feeling too that they were going to pull it out and they did. I smell a walkoff coming.

Archived