Brewer Fanatic

Kemp snubs Braun from HR derby

slappzilla
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not so much a big deal as it is a legit topic of conversation.

Braun fans and/or brewer fans want Braun in the HR derby. Maybe not so much the "informed" fan as we went over before, but the average fans of Braun and the Brewers do. The fans of the Derby itself probably would too.

Combo of that, the fact that Braun leads the NL in HR's, and the fact that Kemp is on video being salty about losing the MVP award to Braun, makes it a talk-worthy topic, so to say.

and the fact that Kemp is on video being salty about losing the MVP award to Braun

Did you even watch the video?

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/news/Graham_Bensinger_InDepth/29838275#news/Graham_Bensinger_InDepth/29838275

Kemp: "Of course I think I should have won it, anyone in my position would feel that way."

"Braun was deserving."

"He had a great season, is having a great season this year, he hasn't lost his swag, he's one of my favorite players and I enjoy watching him play"

makes it a talk-worthy topic, so to say.

With 15 of the 54 posts in this topic, you certainly agree with yourself.

Non-story in my opinion.

Last year when Prince didn't ask Justin Upton to be in the HR derby, that was a snub.

Ryan Braun is better off not doing the HR derby this year in my opinion. Let him rebuild his reputation a little bit longer.

I guess I'm trying to figure out what the story is here? Kemp didn't pick him, why is this news? He has the entire league to choose from, he can pick who he wants. I don't remember him coming out and saying "screw Braun, he'll never be on my ridiculous HR team, and he can't come to my birthday party either". He picked other guys, so what? Plenty of fans of plenty of teams are disappointed they don't have someone to pull for. Braun isn't really the prototypical slugger for these anyways. People like seeing Fielder and Hamilton types hit the ball a million feet. True, he's leading the league in HR, but it's Kemp's decision. He picked good names, it's not like Dee Brown and Cesar Izturis are representing the NL.

If you don't see what the story is you are either not very bright or you are trolling.

The league leader in HR's, a guy who is in the top 5 for HR's year after year, was passed up in the HR derby by a guy who felt he should have been MVP over him last year.

If you don't see what the story is you are either not very bright or you are trolling.

The league leader in HR's, a guy who is in the top 5 for HR's year after year, was passed up in the HR derby by a guy who felt he should have been MVP over him last year.

http://i.imgur.com/tWp8Z.gif

Take it easy, pumpkin.

You're getting worked up over something that doesn't matter. Period. Maybe see if you can get a reaction over on the ESPN boards. People over there will give you what you are looking for. Try using text speak too. It will make your point even stronger! OMG

Please stick to addressing the message rather than attacking the messenger.

With 15 of the 54 posts in this topic, you certainly agree with yourself.

When one member's posts dominate a debate, it's frequently a sign that the topic is in trouble. I think that everything there is to say about this matter has been covered. It's time to close this.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived