Brewer Fanatic

RIP Andy Griffith

hawing

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/07/andy-griffith-dies-at-age-86/1#.T_MTFJGs2So

Aww. Let the TV marathons commence. Also, if someone has better luck than I finding a clip of Grampa Simpson exclaiming "Maaaaaaaatlooooooooooock!", go for it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It's been a tough week for classic TV deaths. A few days ago, we lost Doris Singleton, the last surviving adult [cite]I Love Lucy[/cite] cast member. And we also lost Don Grady, the second of the four sons on [cite]My Three Sons[/cite].

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

As an fyi, A Face in the Crowd, one of the films that made Andy Griffith a star, is on TCM tomorrow. He takes a real dark turn in that one while not being far from his persona. It's an astoundingly good performance.

Can we all agree that the best episode of The Andy Griffith Show is "Aunt Bea's Pickles"?

Robert

As an fyi, A Face in the Crowd, one of the films that made Andy Griffith a star, is on TCM tomorrow. He takes a real dark turn in that one while not being far from his persona. It's an astoundingly good performance.

Can we all agree that the best episode of The Andy Griffith Show is "Aunt Bea's Pickles"?

Robert

I always liked the one where one of the female characters (Ellie?) decides to run for mayor and all the male characters (including Andy) turn into total jerks for a while. Andy finally relents when Opie starts spouting off the same chauvinistic rhetoric.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived