Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-02 Marlins (Zambrano) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets do the unthinkable. Lets trade for a piece to help this club and make a playoff push once again. Offer Greinke a nice contract with some scouting options (say, let him make the 2nd round selection while he is a Brewer haha), and lets go after it!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Lets do the unthinkable. Lets trade for a piece to help this club and make a playoff push once again. Offer Greinke a nice contract with some scouting options (say, let him make the 2nd round selection while he is a Brewer haha), and lets go after it!

No. That would just further decimate an already depleted farm system. It's not about just making the playoffs, it's about making/winning the WS. There are just more healthy/talented teams than the Brewers and they wouldn't get far, even if they did squeak in (which is highly highly unlikely). Try to trade some/all of Greinke/Marcum/KRod/Kottaras, restock the system a bit, and get back at it next year.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Well, if you want to be an optimist, 30 of the 77 games after the break are against the Red, Pirates and Cards.

Another 16 are against the lowly Cubs and Astros. (With another 3 vs the 'Stros going into the break).

There is plenty of opportunity. There is also not much room for error. Let's see what happens with the next 15 games. Go 10-5 with a series winover the Reds. Gets you back to .500 and probably within 4/4.5. At that point, you can take action what you want to do moving forward (provided you haven't cut your own throat before then by tanking the early portion of these 15).

No. That would just further decimate an already depleted farm system. It's not about just making the playoffs, it's about making/winning the WS. There are just more healthy/talented teams than the Brewers and they wouldn't get far, even if they did squeak in (which is highly highly unlikely). Try to trade some/all of Greinke/Marcum/KRod/Kottaras, restock the system a bit, and get back at it next year.

I always forget it is hard to read sarcasm in people's voices. I am all for trading anyone and everyone. I would love for the Brewers to keep Greinke though. If a deal could be reached to keep him, AWESOME! But everyone else pretty much can be on the trade block besides the few obvious guys.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator
Ya I'm far from saying we should be buyers. Good win tonight, pretty ugly, but let's not get too excited. If we had a healthy squad I'd be all for going for more, but doing it now really only gets us to above average, not anything special. I think it's time to replenish the farm system.

I always forget it is hard to read sarcasm in people's voices. I am all for trading anyone and everyone. I would love for the Brewers to keep Greinke though. If a deal could be reached to keep him, AWESOME! But everyone else pretty much can be on the trade block besides the few obvious guys.

Blue font is used for sarcasm for future reference. But I'm sure you already knew that.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I have to give credit where credit is due. Ramirez is a MUCH better defensive 3B than I expected him to be. He has to be above average.

I think he just makes fairly routine plays look hard, since he has no range.

Archived