Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-02 Marlins (Zambrano) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They've gotten more serious this year now that the Marlins are trying to be a real major league team. To their credit, they have done their homework on the Brewers and generally have nice things to say about Milwaukee and the team. Except for Nyjer Morgan. The best comment of the night was them saying that Gaby Sanchez decking Morgan was "one of the highlights of his career".

And then the announcers questioned why Stanton wasn't running on contact on the Ramirez/Izturis "double dive" play.

ARam's played some pretty solid defense after the 1st. I know it was a tough hop but he probably should have made that play. That last play he made looked harder than the one in the 1st.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Community Moderator

And then the announcers questioned why Stanton wasn't running on contact on the Ramirez/Izturis "double dive" play.

I didn't say anything about them getting smarter ;)

I have to give credit where credit is due. Ramirez is a MUCH better defensive 3B than I expected him to be. He has to be above average.

This^. Anyone that said Ramirez was going to be equal to or worse than McGehee defensively is off their rocker.

It is shocking how much Roenicke loves the bunt. There's been at least 4-5 different players attempt a bunt tonight, not even including pitcher.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived