Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-02 Marlins (Zambrano) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgan went for a second base on a hard ground ball that got through and got thrown out at second... And it wasn't even close

So he tried to stretch a single into a double that had no business being anythimg more than a single?

Exactly

Morgan went for a second base on a hard ground ball that got through and got thrown out at second... And it wasn't even close

So he tried to stretch a single into a double that had no business being anythimg more than a single?

Not really. Hanley got a glove on it and it trickled into the outfield. It ended up in a sort of no man's land where Morgan thought he could make it to second before Hanley could get to the ball and throw him out. So, no it's not that it had no business being anything more than a single - when I was watching, I thought Morgan might have a shot. So he did he, apparently.

And Morgan costs us a run.

How so?

If Morgan stays at first, Ramirez's 3rd out becomes a 2nd out sac fly.

Ah, so you're assuming that Braun's AB would've gone exactly the same, Morgan would've made it to 3rd on Braun's chopper, and Ramirez's AB would have gone exactly the same way. I see.

Ok, is this enough to prove to Roenicke that Izturis blows? Bring up Bianchi or even Maysonet again. Anybody but Izturis.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Izzy has had a poor defensive game too. A booted ball, and another play where Greinke was ready to fire to second where Izzy was supposed to be covering but instead he's just chilling out in the infield and Greinke had to go to 1st.

Izturis is total crap.

Archived