Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-02 Marlins (Zambrano) at Brewers (Greinke), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/marlins.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 2 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Marlins (38-40) | Brewers (36-42)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/marlins/zambrano-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/greinke-17.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]4-6, 3.71 ERA, 1.34 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Zambrano's 125 pitches in his last outing, a loss to the Cardinals, was his most since tossing 128 at Phillies on June 10, 2011. The right-hander allowed five unearned runs in the first, and battled for 6 2/3 innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]9-2, 2.82 ERA, 1.17 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Marlins | Game Log[/h3][h3]This will mark Greinke's final start of the first half at Miller Park, where he is 15-0 with a 2.47 ERA, and the Brewers have won 20 of his 21 regular-season starts. He held opponents to a .203 average in June.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jose Reyes
  2. 3B Hanley Ramirez
  3. RF Giancarlo Stanton
  4. LF Logan Morrison
  5. CF Justin Ruggiano
  6. 1B Greg Dobbs
  7. 2B Omar Infante
  8. C John Buck
  9. RHP Carlos Zambrano

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Carlos Gomez
  2. RF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. SS Cesar Izturis
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta win game one. NEED 3 of 4. Come on Crew, get hot!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

How did Lance Lynn make the all-star game over Greinke. LaRussa still feels the need to screw over the crew even after he retires. It has been a while since I have see a worse all-star snub.

He claimed he thought he had to pitch Sunday, same with Cueto. You could argue Cueto is a bigger snub then ZG.

How did Lance Lynn make the all-star game over Greinke. LaRussa still feels the need to screw over the crew even after he retires. It has been a while since I have see a worse all-star snub.

I believe I read that Lynn made it on the player vote, which took place before his last two bad games.

Not sure why Morgan and Gomez both have to start the same game. One can't hit RHP and the other can't hit LHP so they should never start together. If Aoki needs a day off, put Hart back in RF and give Green 1B. It's maddening how little Taylor Green is playing. I know he hasn't really gotten it going this year but it's hard when you're not even seeing 5 consistent ABs a week. Let him play everyday in AAA and call up Bianchi then if that's how it's going to be.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Well, "Gomey" scored the game winning run last night, so regardless of anything else, he HAS to start this game because he has photos of RR in compromising positions of some kind...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think we should be celebrating the fact that our "manager" has figured out that the catcher does not have to hit 8th no matter what.

:)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think we should be celebrating the fact that our "manager" has figured out that the catcher does not have to hit 8th no matter what.

:)

Hopefully he remembers that when Lucroy comes back.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Wonder what he said to him going by the mound. Hopefully this game gets fiesty.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived