Brewer Fanatic

FYI There is an alternate of the 7/29 Uecker bobblehead

So, can we put this to bed???

No alternates?

If so, can anyone confirm they got one? No one around me got anytjhing out of the ordinary, nor did I...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I went to the game with the Abominable Snowman. We went through the Club and Suite Level gate where Bigfoot scanned our tickets. The special version featured Bob Uecker in a grey jersey, was autographed, and had a sound chip built into the base that played some of Uecker's best calls when you pressed the button. I was going to take pictures and post them, but the Loch ness Monster waddled by and ate them (boxes and all) before I had the chance to do so.

Nobody has confirmed receiving a variant Uecker bobble from the game. Nobody has posted a variant Uecker bobble for sale on eBay, Craigslist, or anyplace else. Brewers employees have continuously stated there are no variant versions of this bobble.

Why does anybody even pay attention to these "rumors" anymore?

Seriously people.

Not so fast guys, I just looked my 4 over closely, and one of mine is missing the red stripes on the socks. The horizontal stripe. The other 3 have the red stripes.

I have solved the mystery...

The alternate Bob Uecker bobble has no red horizontal stripes on the socks!!!!!!

It can be yours for $1000!!!

-------------------------- :tongue ----------------------------

Ok, I am kidding about the $1000, and the alternate being the one without the red stripes, but I am being truthful in the fact that I do have one missing the red stripes on the socks...

More than likely just a mistake by the guy in the factory making 10 cents an hour to paint these silly american toys...

I went to the game with the Abominable Snowman. We went through the Club and Suite Level gate where Bigfoot scanned our tickets. The special version featured Bob Uecker in a grey jersey, was autographed, and had a sound chip built into the base that played some of Uecker's best calls when you pressed the button. I was going to take pictures and post them, but the Loch ness Monster waddled by and ate them (boxes and all) before I had the chance to do so.

Nobody has confirmed receiving a variant Uecker bobble from the game. Nobody has posted a variant Uecker bobble for sale on eBay, Craigslist, or anyplace else. Brewers employees have continuously stated there are no variant versions of this bobble.

Why does anybody even pay attention to these "rumors" anymore?

Seriously people.

These "rumors" have been true a lot more often than not...

These "rumors" have been true a lot more often than not...

Really? Like when?

Please be specific.

It is one thing to suggest that it would be cool if they did a Nyjer Morgan bobble where he is making a "T" sign for the alternate version, (as many of us thought or suggested) but another thing completely to promise an alternate bobble, as you did in an earlier post in this thread ...

It's either 500 or 1000, but I have it on good authority from an inside source (an employee). No link. But I can promise you there is an alternate. It's going to be given out at the club level entrance only. Not being placed in suites.

The word "promise" implies some sort of certainty or high degree of knowledge, enough so to confidently make the claim. This was not the case here. Throwing out wild and unsubstantiated rumors serves no purpose other than stirring the pot and getting people worked up for something that does not even exist.

Perhaps your inside source is not as credible or reliable as he/she leads you to believe.

I don't know why you are so hypersensitive, but the talking Braun, the Iceman bobble, the Bill Hall track suit and a few others I could list if I stopped long enough to think about it all were at one time "rumors" that some claimed did not exist.

I didn't realize it was such a terrible crime. If anything people are glad it doesn't exist. I know I am, if it in fact does not. Try to lighten up a bit buddy. It's a ceramic toy.

I am sorry you look so dumb in front of everybody because you relied on bad information from your inside source and ran with it, but acting childish and name-calling is not the answer. It will make people take you less seriously in life. That is all I have to say about that.

I am sorry you look so dumb in front of everybody because you relied on bad information from your inside source and ran with it, but acting childish and name-calling is not the answer. It will make people take you less seriously in life. That is all I have to say about that.

I don't really see where he was "acting childish" and I certainly don't see a single case of "name-calling" from his end. He simply told you to chill out a little bit about a ceramic bobblehead toy that shouldn't be life/death; and I'd have to agree...

He was trying to rationalize his mistake by saying such things as "If anything people are glad it doesn't exist." and "These rumors have been true a lot more often than not." When you promise something and don't deliver you typically apologize and move on instead of calling people hypersensitive, he for whatever reason is trying to defend his mistake.

The whole "ceramic toy" talk aimed towards collectors who are serious about a hobby is getting old. We are all aware what these figures are made of. As I see it, if you view your collection as a bunch of "ceramic toys" and not collectors items that you are proud to display then YOU are not in the right hobby. This is a generic comment not aimed towards anyone specific...I'm just sharing my opinion on a comment I've seen over and over again.

The whole "ceramic toy" talk aimed towards collectors who are serious about a hobby is getting old. We are all aware what these figures are made of. As I see it, if you view your collection as a bunch of "ceramic toys" and not collectors items that you are proud to display then YOU are not in the right hobby. This is a generic comment not aimed towards anyone specific...I'm just sharing my opinion on a comment I've seen over and over again.

You can easily negate anything that people love. baseball cards: printed cardboard. coins: pounded metal. stamps: sticky paper. beer cans: molded aluminum. etc, etc, etc.

In the end people collect what they like. It'd be pretty boring if everyone I knew collected baseball memorabilia instead of whatever they show interest in. I have a friend that just dropped $500 on a 7" record (Minor Threat's first pressing, first 7") that I have a got a repress of for 4 bucks. While I can't ever see me spending that much, and I'm pretty confident my copy sounds better, I UNDERSTAND his passion for collecting and I joke with him, and he prods me for spending 100 bucks on a baseball card, or 100 bucks on a bobblehead. It's what you like, cherish it, enjoy it, some people will get it, others won't. It's what you like that matters, not your neighbor or someone on a message board.

• 3 weeks later...

It appears that we are now safe in the assumption that there was no Uecker alternate version...

By now, something would have come up someplace...

*whew*

Archived