Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-01 Diamondbacks (Collmenter) at Brewers (Gallardo), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1, on Little League walkoff]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If and when Scooter becomes ready for MLB, is there any reason that Weeks should be blocking him other than money?

I am positive that Gennett can do all that Weeks has done this year... I'm a big Scooter fan though.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator

Gallardo throws a lot of pitches. He's probably not going to change. He has a very straight fastball and it is not a good out pitch. It has to be located on the corners and if the umpire has a small zone (like today) his pitch count is going to climb.

Notably, they said this is the first time he went above 115 this year. That is surprising. So maybe part of the problem is that Roenicke is pulling him early.

bye bye 1 run lead... Time to walk a run across or give up a double...

I really hope I am wrong, but I have zero faith in Veras, none, zilch, zippo.....nada.

That should have been a 7 inning start today. Yo was stellar.

To be honest, I'd have left Yo in and avoided Veras... If Yo blew it, at least it was his game to blow.

Community Moderator
If and when Scooter becomes ready for MLB, is there any reason that Weeks should be blocking him other than money?

I don't know anything about him, but looking at his stats, he has no power, a low OBP, and can't hit left handers. 21 doubles is impressive though. Seems like a late 2013-2014 guy to me.

We don't want to make the same mistake with Weeks that we did with Hardy. No point in selling low, stick with Weeks and hope he figures it out.

I am positive that Gennett can do all that Weeks has done this year... I'm a big Scooter fan though.

It wouldn't take much to replace Rickie this year, he's having a horrible year. Whether Gennett can do what Rickie has done over the prior 5 seasons is another story. Outside of injuries, he's been one of the best 2B in the game.

What will be worse is the multiple run inning. And here it comes. Throw strikes ya bum!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived