Brewer Fanatic

2012-07-01 Diamondbacks (Collmenter) at Brewers (Gallardo), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1, on Little League walkoff]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo has made it into the 7th inning only 2 times since April 22nd.

He NEEDS to be able to go deeper into games to establish himself as our ace...

If he can't make it through 7 today with more than a one run lead, I can't see him getting a win today. Once we get into our bullpen, all bets are off.

For the stat guys, when was the last time Yo pitched a complete game?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yo has made it into the 7th inning only 2 times since April 22nd.

He NEEDS to be able to go deeper into games to establish himself as our ace...

If he can't make it through 7 today with more than a one run lead, I can't see him getting a win today. Once we get into our bullpen, all bets are off.

For the stat guys, when was the last time Yo pitched a complete game?

April 5 of last year.

Nobody throws complete games anymore. I believe Greinke just had the first one for the Brewers since April of last year. Gallardo threw a shutout last April.

Wouldn't disagree that Gallardo needs to be more efficient to get to the next level. However, he has now gone at least 6 innings in 15/17 starts. He's gone at least 7 on 5 occasions and should add to that today.

Gallardo's been very good in almost every start that hasn't been against the cardinals (gave up 5 ER to the Cubs in early June). I would like it if he went 7 a little bit more as well (especially the way the bullpen has been going), but it's hard to get too angry about 14/17 quality starts (assuming today ends well for him). QS as a stat has it's flaws, but that would tie him with RA Dickey for the major league lead.

I'm not saying he needs to throw complete games, I'm saying that he needs to go deeper into games at least occasionally...

It is not true that nobody throws complete games anymore, but my point was not that Yo needs to have more complete games.

The fact that we have not had a complete game since April of 2011, more than a full year just seems odd. I wonder if any other team in MLB can beat that?

I'm not saying he needs to throw complete games, I'm saying that he needs to go deeper into games at least occasionally...

It is not true that nobody throws complete games anymore, but my point was not that Yo needs to have more complete games.

The fact that we have not had a complete game since April of 2011, more than a full year just seems odd. I wonder if any other team in MLB can beat that?

to be fair, Greinke threw 9 innings about a week ago.

to be fair, Greinke threw 9 innings about a week ago.

True, noted... But that is still over a year since a Brewer pitcher went 9 innings...

holy cow rickie.

and did craig coshun just call chris young, "lumpkin"? Or am i hearing things? maybe he said "young can"

I think he siad Upton but not sure. He's good for 2-3 screwups like that a game.

that's probably more likely.

Archived