Brewer Fanatic

I propose that we, BF.Net as an entity, take over the Internet as applies to baseball....

Nottso

I propose a takeover, and I fully believe we can pull it off. How? By the use of my most hated of all things; the dreaded buzzwords. I say that WE should control them. WE should introduce new ones as WE see fit, all the while basking in the knowledge that WE are in control of the masses. If nothing else, it would make for a grand little sociology experiment.

Over the past few days, I've had the opportunity to use "snivel" and "sniveling" on more than one occasion, mostly on HBT. I'm convinced that if a few of you will use some form of the same word in other choice places it won't take long at all for it to magically appear all over the Interwebs.

Seeing as how it's almost the first of the month, perhaps we could arrange to change it on the first of every month. Knowing this crew, I'm sure we could come up with some real beauties. As a matter of fact, I'd almost be willing to bet that we could completely make up NEW words, plant them properly, and watch them take on lives of their own.

So, what say you? Anyone interested? This could be a lot of fun.

I remember back in 2003 or so, we were collectively looking for adjectives to describe the Brewers and someone (maybe batman) suggested hangdog. I don't remember if it was intended to describe the offense, pitching, defense, or all three. But I propose hangdog as a word to use one of these months.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The hangdog expression on Randy Wolf's face after he served up another Diamondbacks home run was sad for Milwaukee fans and priceless for Arizona fans.

Does standardizing the spelling of Wolfottaras count as groundbreaking word usage? Because I managed to do that on Twitter, though the spoken word originated with Randy Wolf.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I still prefer replacing a certain vulgarity with "Kotsay". As in, "This sandwich tastes like Kotsay, bring me a new one!".

While that certainly has its appeal amongst some Brewers fans, I don't know that we could inflict it on the masses. I'm all good with going for hangdog starting tomorrow if others are.

I really think we can do this. Does anyone remember cigarettes being referred to as "smokey treats" during the mid to late 80's? Some friends and I started that one under rather dubious circumstances. My buddy Joe The Barber then picked it up from me, and he was friends with "The Sports Guys" on 93.3FM. They started using it on the air, and next thing ya know, it was everywhere.

Archived