Brewer Fanatic

Rock Of Ages

TURBO

Surprisingly, I enjoyed the heck out of this movie.

Typically not a Musical kind of guy, I got a free ticket on a DVD I bought at wal-mart, so my wife and I went yesterday afternoon.

The Julianna Huff girl who played the lead is SMOKING hot (my wife informed me she was one of the pro dancers on Dancing With The Stars), which in itself, was reason enough to go, but the fact that the movie was great was a bonus! Tom Cruse was great, and Alec Baldwin was even believable in his role as metal club owner.

Anyone who was in high school or college and listened to the hair metal of the day during the late 80's would surely enjoy it.

My biggest fear was the mutilation of the music, but I got used to it pretty quickly and just went with it...

So, there you have it, a pleasant surprise for me, even though I think it has gotten hammered in the press.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

well, that's the thing with "professional" movie reviews. Sooooooooooo many times that a movie was drubbed as awful, etc. that I finally saw it when it was on HBO or something (free preview only, of course) and I thought it was really good. Or vice versa. "This movie is a definite Oscar contender" blah, blah, blah and then I saw it and thought it was terrible.

Everybody is different and thus I don't pay attention to the reviews. If I think it'll be something that I'd like, it probably will be good enough for me. I don't need some know-it-all on the news/internet or in a magazine to tell me that I won't like it.

Reviews I understand are meant as a guideline, but so many times the reviewer seems like Jim Caple trying to tell me what I should be thinking.

As for Rock of Ages, I haven't seen it yet. Next year, when it's on a freeview event, I'll record it and watch it at a later date, I'm sure. It seems like my kind of film. I mean, c'mon, I liked "Airheads" and that movie was a stinky bomb according to the experts.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived