Brewer Fanatic

Daron Sutton Suspended for Insubordination (Latest: Mark Grace on leave of absence after DUI)

dhoffman19

Sutton recently had been involved in a dispute with the Diamondbacks over the team's new on-air dress code.

I heard rumor that he also was in violation of the teams new bathroom hygiene code and was caught by mark grace leaving the seat up several times.

These are serious allegations and Darren better be getting his resume in order because the high class diamondbacks organization isn't going to allow these egregious violations to continue.....

Community Moderator

Is there any evidence that he was caught job searching or that he is a jerk? Or are you guys just posting more unsubstantiated rumors?

Also, there are a few posts on this in the Random MLB news thread as well. I guess we can continue the discussion here, as long as it is kept reasonable.

I think Daron's previous Brewers connection makes his current issue with Arizona of enough interest to warrant a separate thread.

This statement from the ESPN link especially caught my eye:

The Arizona Diamondbacks have suspended broadcaster Daron Sutton for "insubordination'' after determining that he had failed to comply with a number of management directives over the years, a baseball source told ESPN.com.

The phrasing makes me skeptical that it is 'years' worth of problems prompting this suspension. The "personal stuff" quote later in the story makes me hope that Daron straightens out whatever in his life needs it. Beyond that, I'm not particularly eager to hear details, substantiated or otherwise.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

My lasting memory of Sutton will always be riding down the service elevator at miller park after a game(around 2004 or 2005) with him. He had his usual full suit on, except below the waist, where he was wearing tommy bahama floral print shorts(while drinking a Miller Lite). He didn't have the pants over his shoulder or anything, so i had to assume he just showed up for work like that. Whenever i would see him on TV after that, i always pictured him wearing those shorts just below camera level.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

• 1 month later...
Who would have thought that the Diamondbacks would have this much drama in the broadcast booth this season?

First Sutton and now Mark Grace with a DUI.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8300650/mark-grace-takes-indefinite-leave-arizona-diamondbacks-job

Wow, Scottsdale. Looks like Gracie is going to be wearing pink underwear in tent city in the near future.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Grace will probably need one of his famous slump busters after this episode. Yikes.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived