Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Sat. 6/23 -- Manatees Sweep to go 3-0; Rookie Clubs' Struggles Continue

Raul Mondesi Jr. threw out a guy at third. That's 4.

Like father, like son, I guess.

Can I ask if you mean 'just' 4 OF assists, or has RMJ nailed 4 baserunners at 3B alone so far?

I wrote that in a confusing way. He has 4 OF assists already. Pretty sure 2 were gunned at the plate and 2 at 3B.

Not too shabby for 6 games in.

NOTES: Billings catcher Fray Sosa stayed in the game Saturday night after being shaken up on a collision at home plate. Sosa was hit hard while blocking McFarland and making the out in the eighth ...

I am almost always more worried about the runner in these collisions. The lone exception is when Prince Fielder is doing the plowing.

It appears McFarland is all right.

Rogers is really injecting some life into the BC offense.

Following Jason Rogers' lead, John Dishon gets a hit (2B) in his first AB in A+. BC is on the way towards the sweep. 4-2 'Tees.

Quick edit:

Dishon actually singled and walked on Friday making Saturday's 2B his 2nd hit in A+. My bad John, and thank you MH for making me aware.

Great start for the two new hitters.

Is anyone else concerned that McFarland isn't playing SS?

Not overly concerned, but it is interesting. I wonder if it's a matter of the Brewers deciding he can't play SS, or if it's just that they have other guys to play the position. I know they had him paired with Arcia quite a bit through Spring Training and Extended until Arcia got injured. His value is obviously higher if he can play SS but I think his main attributes are his bat and his speed. I seem to remember some questions when he was drafted as to if he could stick at short. Some people saw him as a future center fielder if I recall correctly.

Iirc that was colbyjack's one knock on McFarland in the draft discussions -- that he wouldn't stick at SS. But everything else about him so far seems to be easy to like.

Also hard not to get excited about that start from Mark Rogers. I just hope his hand is ok... the guy certainly doesn't need another fluky injury to deal with.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived