Brewer Fanatic

Crew signs Livan Hernandez

Where is Green going to play? ARam, Weeks, and now Hart are manning his positions. That leaves him as bench/role player getting an occasional start and PH, something he is not doing well at and isn't getting him a whole lot of playing time. He may be better served playing everyday in AAA and then pending trade deadline moves coming up later if more playing time is available. I can almost guarantee that if he remains on the roster, gets another 150 PA's and is still putting up .284/.377/.661 some will still be saying small sample and he wasn't given a chance and some will be saying he played and didn't play well. Sending him down or just keeping him around maybe the plan and then next year expect/hope for improvement and with Gamel coming back they will let Ishikawa go and use Hart as the veteran safety net at 1B for Gamel. As of now they may as well keep using Ishikawa since he has done OK in his limited role and as mentioned depth is never a bad thing especially when there aren't any players being held back at AAA by Ishikawa being around as the PHer spot starter at 1B.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and Wolf is still sucking a month or so from now

Wolf was pathetic in April, but has been okay in May and June. Not stellar by any means, but he hasn't been "sucking" lately.

I guess I shouldn't have typed this on the day he pitched :-(

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

and Wolf is still sucking a month or so from now

Wolf was pathetic in April, but has been okay in May and June. Not stellar by any means, but he hasn't been "sucking" lately.

I guess I shouldn't have typed this on the day he pitched :-(

His 2 previous starts, (9 ER in 11.2 IP) were lousy too. Fact is except for a few good starts here and there, he's been lousy all year. Sure he could have a couple more wins, but focusing on those starts is ignoring the obvious.

I think Hiram Burgos is stating a pretty good case for a look see this year too. He's my pick for minor league pitcher of the year to this point.

Couldn't have been more proud of Livan Hernandez tonight, despite thinking he is a waste of a roster spot. Waited for two outs in the 9th before (pretty sure) purposely putting a fastball towards the batter's ribs as retaliation for Braun getting beaned the inning before. Don't think I've seen a Brewers pitcher retaliate for a beaning since Seth McClung in 2008.

The Brewers pitching staff is tied for last in the majors in HBP with 18. Wolf leads the team with four and Marcum with three, so it's not like opponents are getting drilled with 95 mph fastballs. While beanings themselves aren't correlated to wins, they are correlated to pitching inside. Maybe that is one of the bullpen issues - not pitching inside to move hitters off the plate. I think Axford needs to put a 97 mph fastball up and in every now and then to keep hitters honest. Same with K-Rod (with a 92 mph fastball), and Loe (with a 90 mph fastball). Greinke has good enough stuff to get away with not pitching inside (zero HBP this year), but most of the rest of the staff doesn't.

Greinke's good enough to throw at guys without hitting them. I know he got warnings issued after his last start.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived