Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Fri. 6/22 -- Logan Schafer Plays Baseball Really Well; So Far the Rookie-Level Clubs Don't

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Turns out we're not missing just one DSL box score, but two -- at least as of this post at 6:15 AM Central time.

The DSL Brewers and Braves were postponed at the Braves' complex earlier in the week, and rather than wait to make it up at that location later this week, the league had scheduled two games for Friday night, with each team acting as the home team once.

Here is the link specifically to Friday's date DSL scoreboard. (Naturally, only the two Brewers games are missing.)

Between TC07 and/or myself, we'll backfill later on. The Cerveceritos are idle on Saturday.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

That was a really sweet win for the 'Tees Friday (the only win Friday thus far in six games for the farm).

Jason Rogers looks nice in that cleanup spot -- our friends behind the scenes with the Brevard front office are really good folks, and they deserve the fun that a competitive second-half club would bring. 2-0 thus far, Fear the Sea Cow!

The DSL Brewers split with the Braves on Friday. They lost game one 7-5 and won the rain make-up 6-1. I've noticed the league site dominicansummerleague.com usually updates quicker than milb.com.

They also have this game story on the Brewers win.

I'm very very slowly trying to learn Spanish but am by no means fluent so please forgive me as I butcher this but I believe the story translates something like:

Designated Hitter Carlos Pena batted in four runs and scored two in the Milwaukee Brewers defeat of the Atlanta Braves in the resumption of the game from earlier in the season in the Dominican Summer League.

Pena went 2 for 3. His teammate Elvis Rubio went 2 for 3 with two runs scored.

The winning pitcher was Juan Santiago, who in six complete innings allowed a single run. His record is now two wins and zero losses.

Nelson Leon was the losing pitcher, after giving up four runs in three and a third innings.

Milwaukee now has 10 wins and six losses, while the Braves have won nine and lost five.

*edit - actually it looks like the 6-1 win, rain make-up was game one and the 7-5 loss was game two.

The good - Schafer, Miller

The bad - Peralta

The ugly - Maryvale (I don't think I've looked at a Maryvale box score in three years because I know that at that level they are working on specific things, particularly pitchers, and aren't looking at outcomes.)

Rob w00ten - over his last 10 appearances covering 15.1 innings he has given up 4 hits, walked 6, and struck out 14.

The good - Schafer, Miller

The bad - Peralta

The ugly - Maryvale (I don't think I've looked at a Maryvale box score in three years because I know that at that level they are working on specific things, particularly pitchers, and aren't looking at outcomes.)

Rob w00ten - over his last 10 appearances covering 15.1 innings he has given up 4 hits, walked 6, and struck out 14.

New daily feature?

Other randomness:

2+ weeks in and Cam Garfield is hitting. .297/.367/.455. The T-Rats might actually be tougher in the 2nd half with Cam and Haniger in the fold.

Reggie Keen has 11 Sac Hits and 1 Sac Fly.

The new super stud may be 17-year old RF Elvis Rubio. .309/.433/.455 9:9 K:BB 3:0 SB:CS Carlos Belonis has been picking it up lately. .246/.319/.361 5:20 BB:K 11:3 SB:CS is certainly not Arcia-ian, however. (Pretty sure this is before Friday's games.)

Jason Rogers is inching towards .300/.400/.500 territory.

Archived