8. Fenway Park

9. Wrigley Field

10. US Cellular

11. Everything else I haven't been to yet

Last. Metrodome

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

petco park tops my list. I loved the wide concourses and the feild vantages while you move about the stadium.

miller park is up on my list becuase of accessible parking and tailgating. features not readily avialable at some ballparks

petco

dodger

safeco

county

miller

kauffman

us cellular

wrigley

metrodome

We are now up against Camden Yards.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8079115/battle-ballparks-final-four-vote-mlb-best link for the voting page.

wow! and KILLING them, 65% to 35% right now!

Take THAT, Caple!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Man does this guy hate Milwaukee or what?

"OK, Baltimore fans. If you want one of the most beautiful parks in baseball to advance, the stadium so gorgeous and nostalgic it changed the entire sport and the park where Cal Ripken Jr. broke one of baseball's most cherished records, you'd better get out the vote. Because those Milwaukee fans are as well organized as any political machine."

Essentially he is saying Camden Yards is better but if we are to enact justice and get Camden Yards to advance Baltimore's fan better vote because those evil Milwaukee fans are ready take over.

Community Moderator

At this point I think everyone is voting for the upset to show ESPN how stupid this bracket is, not just Milwaukee fans.

Edit: Caple on Twitter:

Jim Caple ‏@jimcaple

How is baseball's smallest market generating the most votes for one of baseball's weakest stadiums? #BattleoftheBallparks

At this point I think everyone is voting for the upset to show ESPN how stupid this bracket is, not just Milwaukee fans.

Jim Caple ‏@jimcaple

How is baseball's smallest market generating the most votes for one of baseball's weakest stadiums? #BattleoftheBallparks

i may be biased but i don't see how you can call miller park on of the weakest stadiums.

EDIT: Latest tweet

Jim Caple ‏@jimcaple

I must admit: While I disagree with Milwaukee's votes, their passion is mighty impressive. Brewers Nation, anyone?

I'm a little surprised by how few here have been to Target Field. Go! It's really a wonderful park, & not too far away.

I've been there. It's nice but I am puzzled why some people think it is a top 5 ballpark. Can anyone please explain to me they like so much about it because it I just don't see it.

I'm a little surprised by how few here have been to Target Field. Go! It's really a wonderful park, & not too far away.

I've been there. It's nice but I am puzzled why some people think it is a top 5 ballpark. Can anyone please explain to me they like so much about it because it I just don't see it.

I agree, I was there for the first time this past weekend, and while it is very nice, I still vastly prefer Miller. It reminded me why I am so glad Milwaukee didn't go for a downtown ballpark. It is so much easier being able to pull into a parking lot right off of the highway instead of fighting downtown traffic and parking in a ramp or lot blocks away.

Miller Park is a stadium that represents Milwaukee. It's not nearly as posh as some of the newer stadiums, especially when it comes to the concourses, but it has a charm that feels like home.

With the addition of the new scoreboard, picnic area in RF, Gehl Club, and with the already established Club level and NYCE Club, it's a stadium that has a little bit of everything for everyone. There's even fancy beer on the terrace level now!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Jim Caple ‏@jimcaple

I saw that tweet earlier today, and after thinking to myself, "what the hell?", figured if he wants to give Brewers fans bulletin board material, why stop him. Besides, the voting helps me warm up in case a Brewer is on the ASG final vote ballot. I'd originally envisioned going all carpal-tunnel for Luc on that ballot, but given the timing of his injury it probably won't happen.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I like Target Field largely due to its location. If you're there on a beautiful summer evening, to me it's just awesome. The sun sets & reflects off the buildings downtown past the RF gate, and you have more vertically-aligned seating which I think is a cool aesthetic with the park plunked down next to skyscrapers. It just really had a "wow" factor for me. I love Miller Park, but they're very different aesthetics, if that makes sense.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I like Target Field largely due to its location. If you're there on a beautiful summer evening, to me it's just awesome. The sun sets & reflects off the buildings downtown past the RF gate, and you have more vertically-aligned seating which I think is a cool aesthetic with the park plunked down next to skyscrapers. It just really had a "wow" factor for me. I love Miller Park, but they're very different aesthetics, if that makes sense.

The backdrop/setting of Target Field is pretty awesome. They really wedged it in there right downtown. The park itself left me quite unimpressed. At a busy game the concourses are a nightmare. I'll take MP every day of the week and twice on Sundays

Yawn... Jim Caple's just one of many ESPN-branded corporate trollists pandering to the mantra of incite over insight. He's not the first (Stephen A Smith?), nor the worst (Skip Bayless?), and unfortunately won't be the last.

I apparently am among the in-town minority who doesn't much care for Miller Park. I get the benefit of the roof and it's guarantee of a scheduled game going on as scheduled (although I was witness to a power-induced cancellation back in 2003), but it's just so damn sterile. Even when the roof is open, it still feels like the game's being played inside.

It's a step above County Stadium for sure just in sheer amenities, but damn if I wasn't happier to be at the ballpark in 1995, personal age and baseball execution notwithstanding.

I look forward to the smug, angry writeup he has for the next round. Or, even better, having to declare Miller Park the winner. Listening to that radio interview, he's clearly agitated by the outcome.

Personally I think Miller Park is a better ballpark than Caple is giving it credit for, certainly not the sixth worst in the league. Caple's rankings are pretty skewed on the history and location I think. No way is Wrigley the 6th best stadium in any other capacity.

Archived