Brewer Fanatic

Mark Trumbo?

I have liked this guy for a while and I know he is in the Angel's present and future plans but do you think we might be able to get him for Greinke type of trade (if we continue on our pace)? Looking at their rotation I don't even know if it makes sense for them as they have Weaver, Wilson, Santana, Williams, and Haren. They seem very weak at catcher this year as well so maybe we could throw something in.

Maybe just a pipe dream for me much like my Billingsley love from years back.

He's having a pretty good year and all but for Greinke, I don't know if its enough to pull the trigger right away. I'd want a little more back than a 26 year old who is essentially limited to 1B. I just think we're lacking in other areas besides 1B. Obviously SS would be what we want but a 3B/CF/RF stud would be just fine too, as would good young pitching. We also have Hunter Morris coming up who could be a similar player, except with less HR power. I will admit though if that's the best offer, it would definitely be tempting. The only question is if Trumbo has more value than the draft picks.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I wonder if the Angels would be more inclined to Morales since he's paid more and has less years of team control? Between Trumbo, Pujols, and Morales (and I think I've heard they've got a pretty good first base prospect) they don't have enough positions for them all, despite their best efforts to pretend Trumbo is an outfielder.

Archived