Brewer Fanatic

Marcum has right elbow tightness; to 15-day DL, retroactive to 6/15

markedman5
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
I don't think there was ever a chance of signing Marcum to a BIG deal (depending on your definition of big). That being said, something like 3/36 would not have been bad at all. I'm still not sure why he gets so much hate. Yeah he sucked during the playoffs but he was great all year last year, this year, and pretty much his entire career in the AL East. The guy is a good pitcher, plain and simple. Hopefully he comes back healthy and we can either A) get him to accept the 1 yr tender or B) someone signs him to a deal and we get picks.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I don't think there was ever a chance of signing Marcum to a BIG deal (depending on your definition of big). That being said, something like 3/36 would not have been bad at all. I'm still not sure why he gets so much hate. Yeah he sucked during the playoffs but he was great all year last year, this year, and pretty much his entire career in the AL East. The guy is a good pitcher, plain and simple. Hopefully he comes back healthy and we can either A) get him to accept the 1 yr tender or B) someone signs him to a deal and we get picks.

I agree on Marcum catching too much flak. He's my favorite Brewer pitcher to watch on tv because it reminds me of Greg Maddux. It must be from seeing these 88 mph "meatballs" dive out of the way at the last minute and make the batter look silly. I think Marcum reminds people of Suppan which is somewhat understandable given his velocity, but they are very different pitchers. His health is always the biggest concern given his history and mechanics which could cause him to lose his command. Prior to the injury, he was probably looking at something like 3 yrs at $12-$15M per season but now, I think you are right that he's probably worth a qualifying offer (assuming he can come back and be productive).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived