Brewer Fanatic

2012 Playoff Situations

rickh150

I've been looking for this year's playoff info for a while. This is what I have so far:

- extra playoff team

- one game playoff for Wild card winner

- 2-3 format for division series

I have been looking for more info on playoff situations:

- What happens with tie-breakers? If two teams tie for the division and both would be in for the wild card, do they have to play a game to decide the division winner?

- If three teams tie for the division or the last wild card spot, what happens? Is head to head ever used? These are just a few of the possibilities.

Any help would be appreciated.

I think that this is the first year that yes, they are doing a 1 game tiebreaker even if both teams would have already qualified.

If there is a 3 way tie, they designate the teams "A", "B", and "C". Depending on tiebreakers, the teams in order get to choose which they are. Team A plays hosts Team B first. Then, the winner of that game hosts Team C.

So Team B is at the biggest disadvantage. Team C is the only one that has to win only one game, but it has to be on the road.

I think that this is the first year that yes, they are doing a 1 game tiebreaker even if both teams would have already qualified.

If there is a 3 way tie, they designate the teams "A", "B", and "C". Depending on tiebreakers, the teams in order get to choose which they are. Team A plays hosts Team B first. Then, the winner of that game hosts Team C.

So Team B is at the biggest disadvantage. Team C is the only one that has to win only one game, but it has to be on the road.

Silly to let them choose. It will always be c, a and b.

Archived