Brewer Fanatic

Top Ten Coveted Brewers Bobbleheads

pepsimax23

Hi. I was just thinking, what are the most hard to find, most coveted bobbleheads by Brewers collectors. Below is my list. For conversation... Did I miss something? Would you change the order?

1. Mark Attanasio

2. Kent "Iceman" Meyer 2011

3. Ryan Braun 2009 (audio working)

4. Bernie Brewer 2004 (birthday standing)

5. Robin Yount AGP

6. Hank Aaron AGP

7. Bill Hall 2006 (track suit)

8. Mr 3000 AGP Promo

9. Paul Molitor 2003 (powder blue)

10. Bernie Brewer 2010 (stitch pitch)

Great idea for a thread!!!

Gorman Thomas Woodchucks should be there...

I am not a retail collector, so imo, the AGP bobbles shouldn't be on the list, but to each his own... I've never felt the need to get the Yount and Aaron AGP bobbles, but I did have to own the Mr. 3000 since it was given out for promotion. Am I wrong to assume the Yount and Aaron AGP bobbles were retail?

I also think the 2003 Beloit Snappers Prince Fielder belongs on that list... Maybe since Prince left the Brewers it has become less desireable though...

Here is my top 10:

1. Attanasio

2. Kent "ICEMAN" Meyer

3. Bill Hall Tracksuit

4. Bernie Brewer 2004 Standing Birthday

5. Gorman Thomas Woodchucks

6. 2009 Ryan Braun (w/Bob Uecker Home Run Call)

7. Bernie Brewer Stitch-n-Pitch

8. 2003 Molitor Powder Blue

9. 2003 Prince Fielder Beloit Snappers

10. Mr. 3000

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Your sore thumb is the Woodchucks, it doesn't belong on the list IMO. There are other rare ones (like the Japanese Nomura AGP and TEI Bernie Brewer, both versions) that should be on that list and are way more harder to find, regardless if they were retail or not. Fun thread!

I would probably separate the list because I really don't think the retails should be in the conversation with the more coveted sga's. Idk if I could even mix the minor league with the majors...they're kind of in a league of their own...no pun intended. Here's my lists

Brewers major league 10 most wanted

1. Kent "iceman" Meyer

2. Mark Attanasio

3. Bill Hall track suit

4. Talking Ryan Braun

5. Standing birthday Bernie

6. Bernie brewer stitch n pitch

7. Mr. 3000

8. Powder blue Paul Molitor

9. Powder blue Jim Gantner...just haven't seen very many over the years

10. Powder blue Rollie Fingers....typically go for a good chunk of change...when they pop up

Minor League

1. Helena Braun blue variant

2. Woodchucks Gorman Thomas...brewer true blood so def belongs in the collection

3. 2003 prince fielder Beloit snappers

4. Sheffield Stockton ports

5. Timber rattlers Appleton Papermakers Maybe number one as I'm winging this off my head

6. 2002 don money Beloit

7. 2002 snappy...I've only seen two ever

8. JJ Hardy high desert

9. Indianapolis Uecker

10. Eau Claire express Hank Aaron Eau Claire Bears...Milwaukee braves minor league

Hon. Mention (no order) - Huntsville Gehrig, patriotic snappy, Beloit weeks, Nashville fielder, Stockton sheets

LET THE DEBATING BEGIN

In the last week, there have been 2 different sellers offering the Molitor Powder Blue bobble with the box for $79.99.

Both auctions closed with zero bids.

Just a little FYI.

I think the list looks pretty different from what I lsited above if we are breaking it up in 2 catagories, Minors and Majors...

I would put the 2012 T-Rats Papermakers at number one for sure. They just don't come up for sale or trade, while you can buy the Braun Helena blue variant anytime you want on ebay if you are willing to shell out the $150 it takes to get it...

I am also switching Attanasio and ICEMAN around due to the fact that at least 6 Attanasio's have come up avaialable since the beginning of June...

My lists:

Brewers Major League Bobbles:

1. Kent "ICEMAN" Meyer

2. Attanasio

3. Bill Hall Tracksuit

4. Bernie Brewer 2004 Standing Birthday

5. 2009 Ryan Braun (w/Bob Uecker Home Run Call)

6. Bernie Brewer Stitch-n-Pitch

7. 2003 Molitor Powder Blue

8. Mr. 3000

9. 2007 Charlie Moore mini Powder Blue

10. 2005 Rollie Fingers Powder Blue

Hon. Men. : Sliding Bernie, 2004 Powder Blue Gantner

Minors:

1. T-Rats 1953 Papermakers

2. Woodchucks Gorman Thomas

3. 2003 Beloit Prince Fielder

4. 2002 Beloit Snappy

5. Helena Braun Blue Variant

6. 2003 Beloit Patriotic Snappy

7. 2002 Beloit Don Money (White Jersey)

8. 2008 Nashville George Plaster

9. Indianapolis Uecker

10. Huntsville Gehrig

Hon. Men. : 2004 Beloit Weeks, Stockton Sheets, Stockton Sheffield, Stockton Jenkins, 2004 Beloit Don Money (Powder blue jersey)

I can't put the Eau Claire Aaron on this list because it is just too new to see where the market plays out. It could very well be a top 5 bobble though if it is as scarce as a lot of us think it will be...

i'd love to get into this conversation but due to time I can't type a whole lot here. Just a few quick things:

I can't get behind retails or non-affiliated Brewers bobbles (ie Thomas). That's just my personal thing, but I wouldn't include that on the list. Charlie Moore was a tough one for awhile, but as the popularity dropped on bobbles, this one became easier to find. I got one last summer for 15, when at one point it was going for around 50.

I'd keep the majors and minors on one list. This is how I'd grade them:

1. Iceman

2. Attanasio

3. Bill Hall Track Suit

4. Bernie 2004 Birthday

5. Patriotic Snappy

6. Beloit Prince Fielder

7. Beloit Don Money (white)

8. Bernie Stich N Pitch

9. Paul Molitor Blue

10. Mr. 3000

Also, I'd love to see BobbleBrian's list. *cough cough*

There was another employee bobble given away, but I can't remember exactly what sausage it was. It was like the Hot Dog or Brat regular SGA and the box was wrapped in Klements sausage paper.

And AGP Nomura is rare as hell. It's a ten year old Japanse only retail limited to 1024.

Also, the 2004 and 2005 (I think) retros were limited to 5000 fans with 100 of them signed. The signed ones I thought had MLB COA stickers on the bottoms, although I have never owned one. These are also extremely rare variants.

Also, I'd love to see BobbleBrian's list. *cough cough*

Oh my, I didn't realize I had such a following. :)

I am keeping the major league, minor league, and retail bobbles all on one list, as I believe that is the intent of this thread. It is focusing on the bobbles themselves, not necessarily where/how they were distributed or came from. My top 10 list actually contains 12 bobbles, but I believe the demand/interest drops off significantly after these listed.

Here is my list ...

1. Kent "Iceman" Meyer

2. Mark Attanasio

3. Bill Hall Track Suit

4. Ryan Braun Talking (with Bob Uecker audio -working condition of course)

5. Bernie Birthday (standing)

6. Bernie Stitch N Pitch

7. Prince Fielder Beloit (rookie - the "holy grail" for years)

8. Patriotic Snappy Beloit (with intact flag pole)

9. Takahito Nomura (Japanese only AGP retail - would be higher if more knew of its existence)

10. Robin Yount (AGP retail)

10. Paul Molitor (powder blue)

10. Bernie Mac Mr. 3000 (AGP Promo)

Honorable mention: Don Money Beloit (manager pose in white uniform)

Honorable mention: Appleton Papermakers Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

There was a Polish bobble (same version as SGA) that was given away wrapped in a sausage wrapper (with a breadstick too). Although this may have been given to employees, the original intent was to give it away to the "media types" back when businesses had money for this sort of thing. The Brewers also did a Barrel Man giveaway (bobble inside a rocket/fire cracker type cardboard roll tube) and a Corey Hart giveaway (bobble inside a box with orange sunglasses) within this same theme.

The Brewers did do a limited numbers of autographed bobbles too for the years previously listed (as a few posts mentioned), but they didn't make the list because too many other people got their "original/normal" bobbles autographed by those players too. True, the 100 variants had the COA, but the signature was the only thing that made them different. I don't like signed bobbleheads, so my interest in those was always minimal. I must admit, though, the John Axford signed bobbles that were given away last season are pretty sweet!

Archived