Brewer Fanatic

MLB.tv Premium on Sale for Fathers' Day: $49.99

Funketown
Thought some people on here might be interested. I'm betting you can just fill in your own email and gift it to yourself. $49.99 sounds like a pretty good deal for ~100 games of baseball. I'm slightly annoyed that I paid $125 at the start of the season!

I'm in market, but I have FSN, so I don't care about Brewers games. I have it so I can watch the rest of the league. This season it has been instead of the Brewers since they are generally unwatchable.

This is unreal if you are a big baseball fan. I use it on my xbox360 and you can watch any game or game highlight from every game all season. So much fun to have if you want to catch up on game highlights and don't want to wait around for ESPN or MLB Network to get to said game highlights.

I have it on my PS3, my phone, my Roku, and my laptop. If there's live baseball going on, I'm able to watch it wherever I go. It's amazing to always have that. I never could have imagined it when I was a kid.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been an MLB.tv subscriber for several years now. It is nice to be able to watch the Brewers daily while out of market. That said, the service has been subpar for a while.

My preferred method of watching games is to either watch it after completion or wait a few innings and then start watching in DVR mode, so I can skip over the breaks between innings. Problem is, and this has happened every single game this year, is that when I wait a few innings the game will hiccup (spinning circles) and then skip to live, spoiling the entire game. Every single time. This is a widely known issue on the support forum but it has never been addressed. It's always, "Your feedback has been submitted."

-- Brewers game I was watching just crashed while I was typing this. It's almost like they are trolling me.

Also, there was a major outage last night, causing all games to be unavailable for everyone. Their response? An apology email, extending a 40% off deal at the MLB shop. "We're sorry, pay us more money. We cool? Cool."

First world problems to be sure, but I did pay for a service and I'm just not getting what I paid for. Unless there are some major changes before the end of the year, I won't be back with MLB.tv next year. Sad because it could be amazing if they could just get it right.

Archived