Would you believe....Ben Sheets?

splitterpfj
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my preferred not the father dance:

http://clutch.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/slapstick.gif

but they're all deadly.

glad I could assist in hijacking a thread. back on topic: Ben Sheets is cool. I've been the proud owner of a Braves Sheets shirsey for about a month now. Very hopeful/excited to go see him pitch in the playoffs.

My wife and I scoped out a synagogue this week to see if he wanted to join (note: I'm in Atlanta) and the rabbi we spoke with asked where I was from originally. When I said Milwaukee, he brought up Ben Sheets. So, that's a point in the plus column for that temple.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope you are sitting down as you read this, because I have shocking news. Ben Sheets is now on the DL.

Which is why anyone thinking we should go after him at $6 million or more was absolutely crazy, off their rockers...

How soon we forget how often the guy was hurt, what made anyone think that would change with age???

I loved the dude when he pitched, and really wish things would have turned out better for him, but the fact remains, he is like glass, and you can never count on him.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 3 weeks later...
So Sheets returned to Miller Park on Monday with his right shoulder aching but functional, and his sense of humor intact. He threw a simulated game in an effort to convince the Braves to reinstate him from the disabled list, whether to start, to work long relief or even an inning at a time. Asked how that session went, Sheets didn’t miss a beat.

“I had to get three outs, so somewhere between 70-100 pitches,” he quipped.

These days, he is working with a shoulder that “hates baseball” but a heart that remains in the game.

I love this guy. Really hope he can come back & contribute again down the stretch for ATL.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I love this guy. Really hope he can come back & contribute again down the stretch for ATL.

Ditto...unless the Brewers are in it obviously. I hope someday Sheets comes back to our organization in some manner. He would be a great color commentator. Replacing Schroeder with Sheets would be a great thing. Or maybe when Uecker hangs it up someday he could step in.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

So Sheets returned to Miller Park on Monday with his right shoulder aching but functional, and his sense of humor intact. He threw a simulated game in an effort to convince the Braves to reinstate him from the disabled list, whether to start, to work long relief or even an inning at a time. Asked how that session went, Sheets didn’t miss a beat.

“I had to get three outs, so somewhere between 70-100 pitches,” he quipped.

These days, he is working with a shoulder that “hates baseball” but a heart that remains in the game.

Definitely love Sheets and he is still my favorite.

Archived