Brewer Fanatic

Would you believe....Ben Sheets?

splitterpfj
To comment on the 2008 playoff run, I definitely think we could have beaten the Phillies that series, and maybe more. Who knows? But I remember Sheeter was fighting through injury and then came back and pitched one night in August I believe and outdueled Jake Peavy for a 1-0 win. Believe it was a complete game too. The guy may have had weird flukey injuries that irritated and boggled the mind, but he also fought through a lot of injuries. Wish him the best.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To comment on the 2008 playoff run, I definitely think we could have beaten the Phillies that series, and maybe more. Who knows? But I remember Sheeter was fighting through injury and then came back and pitched one night in August I believe and outdueled Jake Peavy for a 1-0 win. Believe it was a complete game too. The guy may have had weird flukey injuries that irritated and boggled the mind, but he also fought through a lot of injuries. Wish him the best.

It was September 6th, I was at the game, and I'll never forget the angry scream he let out when he finally got the last out. I can't help but think that 120 pitch outing (followed up by 113) finally overtaxed his elbow and cost him a run in the playoffs.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Good for him. It is a shame that his run in Milwaukee seemed to end with some bad blood. I remember his agent with some odd comments and a dispute about paying for his rehab. I am glad to see him doing well and will always cheer for him (except when he pitches against us of course).

What a comeback, I love it. Benny is setting himself up for a decent contract. I really hope that he can stay healthy.

Same here. To come back after being out of MLB as long as he was, and look like you haven't missed a day... just, wow.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I've been following Chris Capuano's career and now with Sheets and his comeback, I'm glad for both of them, but also a little bitter.

Wow, I'm in awe of an incredible username. Well done!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I love Benny and all, and i got really upset when people were bashing him at the end of 08', but unless he really pitches lights out like this the rest of the season I see it being very difficult for him to get more than 2 years. he might even have a hard time getting 2 because of history.

I hope he's in the rotation, and in one of the starting lineups, when the Braves visit MP in September. Everyone's Sheets jerseys and shirseys would be sort of relevant again for one night.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Just wanted to say that I'm really happy for Sheets. He was always one of my favorite Brewers and my kid has a Ben Sheets autographed hat.... the guy has filthy stuff when he's on
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

• 2 weeks later...

JSOnline cited this article from mlb.com on Sheet's continued comeback...

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120809&content_id=36415484&vkey=news_atl&c_id=atl

Keep in rolling Sheeter...could make for an interesting series at Miller Park in Mid-September. It's a ways away, but if things kept to form he'd get the start on the 12th. Hope he gets a big time standing O.

JSOnline cited this article from mlb.com on Sheet's continued comeback...

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120809&content_id=36415484&vkey=news_atl&c_id=atl

Keep in rolling Sheeter...could make for an interesting series at Miller Park in Mid-September. It's a ways away, but if things kept to form he'd get the start on the 12th. Hope he gets a big time standing O.

I would be shocked if he didnt get a standing O if he is starting

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived