Brewer Fanatic

Vlad

I looked, albeit briefly, and didn't see this in the Minor League thread yet. I think it is potentially better suited here. Any possibility of Vlad coming to play 1B for us? I like .300 hitters. Too bad he doesn't play 2nd.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120612&content_id=33164898&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Edit - use spell checker next time!

It is kinda baffling to me that he hasn't been picked up or wasn't picked up coming into the year and then locks on with the one team that has almost no use for him(well, not THE one, but they're pretty set offensively).

But looking at his numbers, he had a huge 2010 season, and then came back and hit .290 last year though saw a drop off in power. Clearly he can still hit though.

As for the Brewers, I really am liking Corey Hart at 1st, Aoki in RF and Gogo and Morgan in CF. So I don't think it'd make much sense.

But I was admittedly pretty shocked at how well he's played the last several years consistently with the stick. Anyone goes down...yeah, sign him up. If he wants to play for league minimum and be a bench player/spot starter, sign him up.

But not to play 1st just so we can move Hart back to RF because I'd prefer Aoki to Vlad at this point on this team right now.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

sometimes the old guys have enough magic left for 1-2 good years. It's worth a try. I wonder if he's now in better shape and healthy enough to play the field. He used to great there until his early 30s

Archived