Brewer Fanatic

Irate Brewers Fan

Had a terrible experience out at MP today. Long story short, my best friend bought me birthday tickets to the game today. We parked and headed in about 15-20 minutes before game time and encountered ridiculously long lines. We scoped out a few and wound up in a line on the third base side. About 30ish minutes later, we got to the turnstiles and our printed out tickets wouldn't scan so we were sent to the regular ticket window by home plate. After waiting in line again, we got hard tickets and began the trek back to the third base side where we were told we would get immediate entrance. My friend and I politely parted one of the long lines behind home plate when an event service person started screaming out how we couldn't go through the line. By this time, I was super hot and pissed and said [expletive deleted --1992] and continued through. At that point another event service person got involved and told me and my friend that we couldn't swear at them and had a police officer take away our tickets. My friend immediately went into "smooth things over mode" and tried to explain our situation and to apologize to my expletive, but the person refused to listen to anything she had to say, and called over a supervisor. I realize I shouldn't have sworn, but the event service staff were incredibly rude and provocative, and almost seemed like they wanted a fight. I'm super upset with the Brewers right now, and although today would've been game 15 for me, I can't say when I'll have the stomach to attend again.

I'd imagine this could have all been fixed if you had mentioned your situation to the person doing their job instead of saying "[expletive deleted --1992]" to them. They likely would have pointed you to where you could have gotten in to the stadium without waiting.

I'd imagine this could have all been fixed if you had mentioned your situation to the person doing their job instead of saying "[expletive deleted --1992]" to them. They likely would have pointed you to where you could have gotten in to the stadium without waiting.

Yeah....I'm curious as to how this person from the event staff was suppose to know what the situation was. What would you expect if they saw someone pushing(perhaps not pushing, but working your way)to the front of the line without any idea of what was going on?

With all due respect and I won't say that I wouldn't have done the same things at some point after a few too many drinks. But I gotta say, this doesn't sound like A-It's on the entire Brewers organization. That's just flat out ridiculous, and B-that it's really more their fault than yours. No disrespect intended.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

So wait, you blew your top, and the stadium personnel are to blame?

I'm sorry you had some difficulty, but you are in the wrong. Did you expect the lines not to be long 15 minutes before game time? Maybe show up a little earlier next time, and you won't be rushed, or lose your cool.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

so you swore at someone, or in the general direction of someone who works at MP, and they took your tickets? that sucks, what a baby. sorry, thats [expletive deleted --1992] to take tickets from fans because they swore at you.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I give you credit for actually telling the truth in your story and saying you swore instead of blaming it all on the staff. However, there is no way that person knew your story and that you were told to go to the front so you are largely responsible and have to take ownership of your decision.

Could be worse...I had a buddy in 2007 who was detained, handcuffed to a bench in an office at MP, and then given a disorderly conduct citation all for yelling (from the outfield seats, mind you) "Rickie...pull your head out of your ...(you know what)."

Someone nearby was offended and called security and that was it.

Could be worse...I had a buddy in 2007 who was detained, handcuffed to a bench in an office at MP, and then given a disorderly conduct citation all for yelling (from the outfield seats, mind you) "Rickie...pull your head out of your ...(you know what)."

Someone nearby was offended and called security and that was it.

Thanks for the heads up. That's the very phrase I've been using at my TV virtually all season. Might have slipped out at MP next time.

At any point did you explain to the ticket taker what the ticket office had said? That really is the key to this situation. If I was a ticket taker(a job i actually held for the brewers about 8 years ago in college) and saw you cut in line, you curse at me and try to blow by, I'm probably going to (at the very least) send you to the back of the line regardless of what the office had said at that point, it's just disrespectful(both to the ticket taker and the people who waited in line as well) and unnecessary. If you get in my face on top of it all, you're gone.

Now if you explain to me what had happened BEFORE blowing up(or even after, assuming you don't try and blow by me), i can relate and we can calmly work it out(a quick call to the ticket office would have fixed it and you would have been in the stadium within 5 minutes).

Now, from what you said(assuming nothing was left out), i think the person was a bit quick to pull your tickets, however totally justified in calling over the cop and supervisor.

sorry, thats [expletive deleted --1992] to take tickets from fans because they swore at you.

So if i start cursing at my waitress at a restaurant because of something the maitre d messed up, i shouldn't be kicked out of a restaurant? [expletive deleted --1992], because as soon as someone starts dropping bombs at the staff, you know they're gone. NOBODY deserves to be verbally abused for something that's not their fault while at work, and anybody who does so shouldn't be welcome at that establishment.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Just to clarify I did not jump the line at all. Was passing through (think perpendicular) to avoid walking halfway out into the parking lot. This is something that happens consistently while you are waiting to go in. In fact, yesterday I saw literally dozens of people do the same thing including people with strollers and a guy on a bike towing his kids behind. So basically I ignored the event staff who told me I had to walk all the way around the line and continued on. And we were never given any chance to explain anything. Also would like to add that I didn't have a drop of alcohol in me at the time. I know that I was somewhat in the wrong, but the situation could have been handled so much better than it was. There is also a tremendous amount of inconsistency at MP and what they'll tolerate is seemingly in direct proportion to what you've spent on a ticket. I generally sit in the terrace reserved and see all manner of shenanigans at practically every game I attend, including profanity, people throwing things at other fans, throwing things over the deck, spilling beer on other fans, and standing up and talking for innings at a time. Where are the oh-so-sensitive event services staff then? There's usually a dusty older gentleman that'll peek in every few innings before disappearing. The only time issues are dealt with up there is when people text the hotline. In the case of my last Friday game, a section over there were some young people standing for many innings at a time, drunk, who were engaging other fans around them with profanities, and when several people texted the hotline, two of about six were removed by the police. So what did the other four continue to do? But in my case, my friend loses her ticket that she paid a lot of money for simply because she was next to someone that loosed one profanity that wasn't even directed at someone?

And as to get arrested and getting disorderly charges for yelling the thing about Rickie? That is absolutely ABSURD. That situation could've been handled by simply asking the person to not say that again. With all of the junk that goes on at MP at that's what they arrest for? I understand some people's ears are way too sensitive to hear the other word for donkey, but to arrest someone for that is a waste of a lot of people's time and resources.

Maybe I'm a grumpy old coot, but I've tended to notice that my enjoyment at the games pretty much is negatively correlated with the number of people in attendance (with exceptions for Opening Day and the playoffs). As for stadium employees, they've often seemed pretty moody to me, going back to the grumpy old men dressed in pilot uniforms at County. Swear at them at your own peril. They were probably not in a mood for that after dealing with the bobble heads and the nonsense that goes with that (I avoid those games like the plague) all day.

I have been avoiding them lately as well. Also generally avoid Cubs games and other weekend sellouts. And to address the point about getting to the game only fifteen minutes early, I know that there are waits associated with bobble games, as I have been to nearly every one before this season. But I never had a wait like I did yesterday, except for MAYBE the All-Star Game. And I would like to throw in that I'm generally a pretty nice guy, and one who greets all the event service with a "Hey, how are you doin'?" at every game. I generally go to about 30-40 games a year, so several of those folks know my face, and I know theirs. Just happens that I got someone else yesterday.

I realize you are pretty upset with the outcome, but, I too feel you could have handled the situation differently. My question is...What did you think was going to happen when you swore and sliced through line? The people don't know you well enough besides seeing your face 10+ times a year.

I did notice a guy being way more proactive checking bags yesterday (Friday's corner east side)

Since we had water bottles we refill (and in the case of yesterday's heat freeze) I watched the lines and found a less alert guy. Worked like a charm.

You knew me as Myday2001.

And as to get arrested and getting disorderly charges for yelling the thing about Rickie? That is absolutely ABSURD.... I understand some people's ears are way too sensitive to hear the other word for donkey....

All of us don't mind the obscenities once in awhile. When that person does it numerous times, then it becomes annoying and absurd. Especially when there are kids around with "way to sensitive" ears. There is always going to be a few loudmouths at MP, but you need to show respect for the people around you trying to enjoy the game.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

I have never had any issues with any Brewers personnel. They are seat nazis on the lower levels but that is there job. I attended a game in PIt a few years ago with seats about 10 rows up from the Brewers dugout. After a long rain delay there were about 5,000 people left and the ushers still wouldn't let us move closer to the bench. Same at all ballparks I suppose.

With 99% of the people in the world, if you are curteous and nice to them; they will reciprocate.

Hahaha. I remember for awhile some years back it seemed CV was pitching like every home Sunday and we had just an abysmal record at those Sunday afternoon games. Boy it was brutal. As soon as our butts hit the seat, we prepared ourselves for a looooong afternoon, literally and figuratively.

They probably jumped the gun on pulling your tickets but I think you have to look at this from the other point of view. The person was probably having an equally crappy day and heard the f-bomb after he said something to you. No matter what comes out afterwards people will assume the word is 'you'. I'd write a letter to the ticket office and explain the situation and maybe they'll toss you some vouchers or something.

As to some of the other posts I think as fans we need to do a better job of policing each other sometimes. I'll include myself since I'm not normally one to say much but there have been many times were I should've said something. If you're obnoxious you should be taken out. If you have an occasional lapse of politeness and yell an angry word at the field of play I think that's ok. To me, cursing at another fan should never be tolerated and that person should be immediately removed. It's a fine line and there will never be enough staff at Miller Park to police everything. That said, I do think they need to look at bringing in more personnel for Brewers-Cubs games. The stands and parking lot are always flat out obnoxious. I won't be attending any Cubs games with my young family that's for certain.

I have never had any issues with any Brewers personnel. They are seat nazis on the lower levels but that is there job. I attended a game in PIt a few years ago with seats about 10 rows up from the Brewers dugout. After a long rain delay there were about 5,000 people left and the ushers still wouldn't let us move closer to the bench. Same at all ballparks I suppose.

With 99% of the people in the world, if you are curteous and nice to them; they will reciprocate.

Thats just way too idealistic. People in general, especially those in power, react differently to different people. I'm 30, and just now starting to look like I am in my late 20s. I have had to endure some things at MP or other public areas that others my age don't have to deal with just because I look young. I don't want to say anything that should go on the political board instead, but being white I probably have it really easy.

I think there is fault on both sides in this story, but I could absolutely see security escalating this if for no other reason than it has happened to me before. You may have just caught a guy on a bad day, or maybe he just dealt with some other rowdy fan and took it out on you. I would write the Brewers and see if they will compensate you.

Thanks for all the feedback and letting me blow off some steam. My friend has been in touch with the Brewers and we'll see if there's some sort of compensation. There were some glaring inaccuracies in the account the Brewers' supervisor gave my friend's ticket rep, particularly that we were "cutting in line," which was absolutely false. The ticket rep also said they should have allowed my friend to keep her ticket because she did absolutely nothing. Btw, I am also 30 and I think the event service people assumed I had been drinking by the way they treated us, though neither of us had had a drop. It was too hot, and I take my baseball too seriously.

Archived