Brewer Fanatic

All BF.net Discussion Team

CheezWizHed
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

After reading about Mr. 3TO in the minor leagues and a few other choice names in that thread, I decided it would be interesting to fill-out the "All BF.net discussion team".

These are guys that have generated the most discussion on BF.net. I'm going to throw out the "resign/extension" type discussions to be more in favor of:

"his elbow is too high"

"His defense isn't really that bad"

and anything rhyming with Man-yon.

So, basically, the ones that didn't add too much to the team, but added oh, so much to this board for discussion...

So, vote for your favs, just make sure he wore a Brewer's uni at least once:

DH: Branyon - the reason this idea exists

1B: Overbay - we will never know if he can play LF...

2B: Ginter - I was sure he was a diamond in the rough.

SS: Yuni - No (more) comments needed.

3B: Wes Helms - I thought about McGehee here, but they were nearly the same player...

C: WHOA SOLVVD - Legend

LF: Kevin Mensch - actually, no one was impressed with his play, but that big melon was worth a few words...

CF: Chris Dickerson - ok, it was a short but verbose stay with the Brewers; Including an avatar that stayed longer than he did.

RF: Gabe Gross - Looks like Josh Butler will top out at AAA, so looks like we should have kept Gross after all.

SP: Suppan - One for the ages.

SP: Wes Obermueller - yes, I'll admit to being a supporter...

SP: Ruben Quevedo - Thought we stole one from the Cubs.

RP: Joe Winkelsas - feel good stories always print well. Too bad we didn't feel good for too long.

RP: Brooks Kieschnick - he was like a Branyon that could pitch...

RP: Daniel Ray Herrera - only lasted 1.2 innings, but lots of MB used to store the comments on him last summer...

CL: Turnbow (remember the icons of the bow that spun back and forth?)

Here are my votes:

SP: Manny Parra

C: Jason Kendall

1B: Russell Branyan

2B: Keith Ginter

SS: Yuni B

3B: Wes Helms

LF: Kevin Mench

CF: Mark Kotsay

RF: Gabe Gross

RP: Grant Balfour

An honorable mention to Jose Capellan for RP and JJ Hardy for SS. I feel like Mat Gamel needs to be in here somewhere because we've been trying to free Mat Gamel for three years now but I couldn't find anywhere for him. Maybe DH.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Ben Hendrickson, if only because his family(dad?) used to post here.

I received a personal private message from Mr. Hendrickson himself after I had the audacity to suggest that the Brewers may be better served starting a pitcher with the ability to break a pane of glass with his fastball.

I received a personal private message from Mr. Hendrickson himself after I had the audacity to suggest that the Brewers may be better served starting a pitcher with the ability to break a pane of glass with his fastball.

FWIW, I also got several private messages from him and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

FWIW, I also got several private messages from him and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

I'm guessing that you were much more complimentary toward his son. He came off as an absolute moron to me, and I told him as much.... along with giving him some advice for possible better career choices for Ben. I used to have our exchanges saved, but I think that they've been lost to the ages with all the board changes.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Brady Clark deserves a spot as the 4th OF.

Geno just rolled over in his easy chair.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived