Brewer Fanatic

Minor League Transaction Thread

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Nashville Media Notes

QUINTERO JOINS SOUNDS: Veteran catcher Humberto Quintero joins the Sounds today after signing with the Brewers as a minor league free agent. The 32-year-old backstop was most recently with New Orleans in the PCL but was released by the Marlins on Wednesday after appearing in only five games for the Z’s (2-for-15, .133). He opened the season with Kansas City and played in 43 games for the Royals, batting .232 (32-for-138) with 12 doubles, one home run, and 19 RBIs. He fills the roster spot of Edwin Maysonet, who is currently inactive after being designated for assignment by Milwaukee last night following the Zack Greinke trade.

This was first mentioned here in the George Kottaras thread in the Major League Forum...

Following the additions of Segura/Hellweg/Pena to the Huntsville roster, Jim Breen tweets that Tommy Manzella has been released --

Huntsville Stars announce that SS Tommy Manzella has been released from the organization.

EDIT: Here's the tweet from the Stars' twitter account:

ADDITIONAL ROSTER MOVES: SS Tommy Manzella has been released from Brewers. LHP Phillippe Valiquette placed on DL (retro to 7/26).

So note the Phillippe Valiquette DL stint, as well.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Wish we knew more, but since Gord Ash is normally willing to update the beat guys on 40-man roster players, we'll learn more shortly, as Nashville OF Logan Schafer has been placed on the 7-day DL (we've typed that a few times over the years). That made room for the Khris Davis call-up.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Mike McClendon (stats) is the non-sexy pick to come up to the Brewers' bullpen, but made the most sense among 40-man roster eligibles.

It's a shame Santo Manzanillo hadn't stayed healthy this season with some take-charge numbers. That would have been fun.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Not an official transaction (yet) -- but via Brevard County Eric Marzec's (stats page) tweets on his health:

IV's n Bloodwork #notfun 20 min I'll know if I have Mono and Strep or simply strep...

If I just have strep I might be out only a week. If I have both 4-6 weeks =season over

Update from Eric:

Season is over Early.... Diagnosed with Strep throat and Mono this morning

Get well, young man, maybe OK for instructionals, if not, of course, the spring...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Via the Manatees:

OF Brock Kjeldgaard assigned outright to Brevard County and transferred to Huntsville.

INF Juan Sanchez transferred from Nashville to Brevard County. Sanchez will be active for the Manatees beginning on Tuesday.

So Brock cleared waivers, is no longer on the 40-man, but at least gets bumped back up to AA.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

From the Manatees:

RHP Eric Marzec placed on the disabled list.

OF Franklin Romero Jr. activated from the disabled list. He will be active for tonight's game against Jupiter.

We've linked to Marzec's own tweets regarding his illness, earlier in this thread.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

From the Manatees:

INF Hector Gomez (Brewers 40-man roster) placed on the disabled list.

RHP Nick Bucci activated from the disabled list at Huntsville and transferred to Brevard County. Bucci is scheduled to start on Sunday against Tampa.

Mike Walker is actually among the lead leaguers in a bunch of stats in the Fla league...i'm well aware that this means little more beyond he hasn't been promoted, but he's profiling like an mlb utility type...

Archived