Brewer Fanatic

Would you trade Braun for any one player?

I'm not sure that I would take Votto for 'free' with that contract, let alone trade Braun for him. It ends with a 5 year/$125 million stretch after he turns 35. I suppose that you could argue that he's been better than Braun to this point (I'd disagree), but Braun's deal is peanuts compared to what the Reds are on the hook for Votto for.

I'm not sure that I would take Votto for 'free' with that contract, let alone trade Braun for him. It ends with a 5 year/$125 million stretch after he turns 35. I suppose that you could argue that he's been better than Braun to this point (I'd disagree), but Braun's deal is peanuts compared to what the Reds are on the hook for Votto for.

Well, I'd take Votto for free in a heartbeat. Votto would make this lineup sick, maybe the favorites in the NL. But I'm not the one who has to come up with the money for him.

If contracts were equal I would trade him for Votto and that is about it. I dont love Tulo as much as some here due to Tulo's injuries. If they keep up he will have to move off SS and he loses a lot of value then. Since Braun got called up in 2007 he has played 100 more games than Tulo over that time. That means I have a chance to get over a full season more of Braun over the next 6-7 years. I will take that

no disrespect but this is a foolish question. we have the reigning nl mvp in uniform, locked up for the foreseeable future at a team friendly contract. how quick we forget how truly special and rare it is to have a guy in MILWAUKEE that can get VOTED into the all star game as a starter year after year.

No, it's not. No one is forgetting that. It's a hypothetical question gauging Brewer fan's value of Braun vs. some of the other greats in the league right now, with the intent of stimulating conversation on the board. Don't be the guy that thinks that I am actually suggesting we put Ryan Braun on the block.

• 2 weeks later...
Tulo is hurt again. He will probably miss most of this year. This will be his third season of missing 40 or more games. I am taking Braun over him. Votto is the only guy I would take over Braun and even that is hard because of Votto's deal

Archived