Brewer Fanatic

All-Star voting/rosters [Reply #43: Braun 4th in OF votes and the only Brewers' all-star]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Berkman in 2nd shows how many Cardinal fans are voting. Does Berkman even have 50 plate appearances? I imagine many of them are withholding the vote for Pujols in the AL side of the ledger but can they actually be voting for Prince?

Hey look two former Brewers SS on the list. We must have a fantastic SS playing for us to get rid of 2 guys that good.

The Brewers SS to start this year is actually 5th in the NL.

What does Carlos Gonzales have to do to get some respect from voters? Apparently playing awesome just doesn't cut it. 13th among outfielders!!

I was just talking with a friend other day about who might beat out Braun this year, and CarGo was one of the guys I thought might bump him out of the starting lineup along with Kemp/Beltran/Ethier..... but I guess we don't have to worry about him!

I really don't think it matters, when it comes to Braun. If he's smart, and I think he is, he will accept the vote-in as a starter but probably sit out the game and HR Derby, just as he did a couple of years ago.

Or did they changed the rules that vote-in players must play? I thought I read about that once, or maybe it was just a rumor.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So, where can you find these results online??

Yesterday, I got an email from the Brewers stating Braun was in 3rd and urging me to vote. I was interested in seeing all the current results. The email just gave me a link to A) the voting ballot and B) the Brewers home page. I then found a link to the All Star home page which did not have any current results or link to current results that I could find. Why do they make the current results so hard to find??

Looks like PrinceEatMeat basically posted a picture of a hard copy of the current results (where did you get those from?). Are these not online anywhere? If so, why not?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Thanks. I'm guessing I could not find it yesterday because I was just looking for some link that stated "All Start voting results" or something like that. It would be much easier to find if they did that instead of putting it at the bottom of an article about all start voting.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Adam Jones deserves a start in the AL.

Maybe it is because I've been focusing on Hall of Fame players lately but this list, outside of Votto, Hamilton, Braun, Jeter and David Wright, looks a little underwhelming to me.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

wow, Pujols hardly has any votes compared to Prince! (small standing O for that!)

I'd guess that Prince is getting a chunk of votes from Brewers fans. It is interesting that that nostalgia factor of a player's former fanbase crossing over is not working for Albert.

The STL cult is certainly coming through for Lance, though. (And I say that with complete acknowledgement that Milwaukee fans are casting plenty of barely-rational if not irrational votes themselves. ;) ) I wonder how many of the votes for Berkman are actually "take THAT, Albert!" votes.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Jonathan Lucroy, Brewers: 588,710

Rickie Weeks, Brewers: 642,184

That's all kinds of wrong.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Braun is slowing losing some ground. Need to keep voting for him. I'm guessing fans are going to see him in line to start and many will vote against him due to the steroid thing. Hope he can hang on another couple weeks.

Even though many of the votes are likely Brewers fans (see Weeks total), many of them are not and it would go a long way for Braun to move past this offseason stuff by winning the fan vote.

I just popped off 200 more votes for Braun (and Lucroy).
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

As NL fans we should really be banding together and electing the absolute worst players from the AL to start the All-Star game. That way, we'd get at least three innings of horrendous play from the AL. It would be a solid advantage.

C - Kurt Suzuki (.240 wOBA)

1B - Casey Kotchman (.284 wOBA)

2B - Robert Andino (.274 wOBA)

SS - Alexei Ramirez (.240 wOBA)

3B - Sean Rodriguez (.269 wOBA)

OF - Delmon Young (.296 wOBA)

OF - Brennan Boesch (.280 wOBA)

OF - Jeff Francoeur (.307 wOBA)

DH - YUNI!

Giants fans have evidently been voting for Cabrera a ton, but Braun is still well within striking distance. It's gonna be a close race. Probably won't matter though honestly, because Kemp will drop out due to injury.

^ this. Im not even sure if Kemp will be off the DL by the ASG

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived