Brewer Fanatic

Evan Anundsen

DHonks
I haven't seen much written about him in a while. He was one of our better prospects a few years ago after having a great year in A+ at a young age. He was planning on working on trying to re-gain some velocity from high school, but unfortunately got hurt the next year. He had a good season last year and is off to a nice start this year. The only really large changes from his previous success in Brevard County are that his K/9 and H/9 have both gone the wrong way, although these can be expected as one first hits AA. He used to be known for his sinker. Does anyone know how he's throwing these days? Is his velocity good? any off-speed pitches?

I haven't seen much written about him in a while. He was one of our better prospects a few years ago after having a great year in A+ at a young age. He was planning on working on trying to re-gain some velocity from high school, but unfortunately got hurt the next year. He had a good season last year and is off to a nice start this year. The only really large changes from his previous success in Brevard County are that his K/9 and H/9 have both gone the wrong way, although these can be expected as one first hits AA. He used to be known for his sinker. Does anyone know how he's throwing these days? Is his velocity good? any off-speed pitches?

Yeah, I've kinda written him off, but he's putting up decent lines. I thought he was only throwing like 85-87 and topping out at like 89 when he was having that success despite throwing in the lower 90's and even touching 93-94 in HS(Col IIRC).

I remember the exact same interview you're talking about, and got the impression that he blamed his HS coach for abusing his arm a little bit and causing some of that velocity to drop.

With his ability to get ground balls, I'd be really interested to see if he's now throwing around 90.

On that note, does anyone now where Periard is right now? He was a guy who had a heavy FB resulting in a lot of fastballs, but could throw in the low to mid 90's at times and was one of my favorite pitchers.

Just curious if he's still part of the org after missing last year and is in instructional or if they cut ties with him and he's pitching in ind. ball at the moment?

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Periard was released by Milwaukee in May of 2011, spent the remainder of 2011 in Jack Z.'s Seattle's system (on paper only), as he never pitched for them (career stats). Now out of baseball.

This is Evan Anundsen's 7th year in the system (career stats), meaning he's eligible for minor league free agency at the end of this season. He only just turned 24 this past May, so with a solid season he should have no shortage of organizations willing to sign him. If the Brewers choose, they could add him to their 40-man roster in order to retain him, or could reach out to him with an offer to sign a one-year minor league contract for 2013.

Archived