Brewer Fanatic

Jorge Soler?

How is this affordable? Sole gets $30m if he sucks and can opt out to arby if he's good.

Because it's a franchise that can afford to spend 150+ and they're paying him 30 million over 9 years. And fine, he opts for arbitration if he's good. Well then obviously it'd be a great deal for him, and if it's NOT, they can decline and let him go and not pay him.

Seems pretty simple to me unless I'm missing something.

A 19 year old potential start RF'er. Seems like the perfect, ideal risk for a team like the Cubs who are in a long term rebuilding plan.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

For example, why is Freidman with Tampa not as 'cool' as Beane or Epstein? You certainly don't hear about him as much.

I guess I'd tell you to start reading different types of baseball publications then. There's plenty of respect for Freidman/Tampa amongst the prospect-tracking stuff. Jon Daniels is another. I guess you could probably just get by with reading TheCrew07's posts, though, too... [smile]

Yeah, i'd agree. I think Freidman and Daniels are the two most respected GM's in the game right now.

The man love for Freidman has certainly surpassed Beane or Theo in recent years in most of the publications I read. If you want to go by ESPN or who was in a movie, then I suppose those two get it, but any respected baseball website...Freeidman is plenty popular. I don't know how "cool," he is, nor do I think he cares. He's built an obscene amount of pitching prospects...

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived