Brewer Fanatic

The Sarah Lucroy appreciation thread

Couple of things.

I realize this probably could be discussed elsewhere and didn't need it's own thread.... but positive karma is needed after reading all about the hate messages she has been getting, which is ridiculous.

I wanted to offer a weird "thank you" to Mrs. Lucroy. In doesn't need to be stated that losing J-Luc does NOT make our club better ... but I think all of us collectively laughed when we heard of another injury to the roster (and to one of our elites) and the nature behind it, and part of me thinks the team had an "Ef this" moment when they realized the universe doesn't want them to win this year and they all went into Hulk mode. The Crew just went on the road to play a 4 game series against the best team in baseball (Texas pending...) and came out unscathed.

Our next 15 games are against the Pirates, Cubs, Padres, Royals, and Twins. The first 9 of which are at home. For the first time this year the club will be playing with justified confidence ... so I would offer that 10-5 is a realistic goal (expectation?) ... which remarkably would put us back at .500 on the year and right back in the thick of things.

So thank you Sarah Lucroy. You may have just saved our season.

I agree that people speaking against her is ridiculous. The baseball gods are against the Brewers and that's just the way it is. In the end this could make us stronger if we gain some confidence in the next few weeks as has been stated. Stay strong sarah!
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I always thought being a ballplayer's wife would be, in some ways, a tough gig. Reading about the negative messages to Sarah Lucroy really bothers me. Nobody deserves that kind of crap from people they don't know, and nobody needs help feeling bad about something that isn't her fault but that she probably blames herself for even so. If a little residual goodwill from strangers helps make up for some of the rotten negativity from other strangers, then I'm in. Particularly because no spouse ever had fun sharing space with an injured spouse who can't work. Hang in there, Sarah!

• 1 month later...
I'm really happy that there are other Lucroy fans out there that do believe his story. People do not need to be harrassing Sarah, I bet she's a great person. I agree, nobody needs harassment from people they don't know. I was getting texts like "you do know Lucroy didn't actually get hit by a suitcase" i say maybe, but that's not what I believe, because why would he bring his wife into it if he didn't have to. Thanks for starting this thread, and stay strong, Sarah. :)
Luc's biggest fan!(: Don't worry, Brewers, you'll make up for lost time..sometime.

Archived