Brewer Fanatic

The injury thread [Latest 5/28: Luc to 15-day DL with hand fracture]

AZBrewCrew
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, my first thought when Maldonado took that pitch right off the elbow was, 'Oh, of course.' Because not only can we not have nice things, we can't even have mediocre things this season. I hope he's good to go.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Lucroy was just as upset about the abuse his wife, Sarah, has endured in the days since.

Here's one for true conspiracy theorists. Maybe Lucroy is trying to take the heat off himself because there's a subset of fans who don't believe his 'story' about how he injured his hand that he's exaggerating the abuse to his wife so people will lay off him. Personally I don't believe the story about how he injured his hand and I don't believe there's this rabid fan base in Milwaukee that will call out his wife on facebook. Sure he's had a decent start to the year, but he's not a perennial all-star that the team hangs on his every AB (like Braun). Now if Sara Lucroy shot Jonathan because he took away her credit cards because she's a shopaholic and was spending all his hard earned money then I'd be calling that 'Ho out myself, but a little accident doesn't seem like the trigger to set off the public. But the family under attack story really does beg for letting the Lucroys alone and not to question that fluke luggage falling on an open hand causing boxer's fracture movie of the week.

He hurt his hand due to an accident in his hotel room, as he described. You can speculate all you want, but that's what happened. He was there, I think he would know. The accident he described is actually far more believable than most of the theories I've read here.

I didn't believe it at first, but I actually am starting to a little bit more now. Not that I think it's any more believable, but because I can't think of any good reason that if he were going to make up a story, that he would make up one which involved throwing his wife under the bus, knowing how much heat she would take for it.

It sucks when the team's best player aggravates his Achilles injury while padding his stats with a meaningless stolen base. What's the point?

yeah I didn't really get that stolen base, either, when down 6-2 it seemed like an unnecessary risk for a player who has been playing hurt. I wonder if that was Roenicke's call or if Braun ran on his own. Strange play and an unfortunate result

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

aram? seriously?

It 's getting to the point where an uneventful day is going to bring the questions: "Nobody? Seriously?"

There was a very interesting (and surprising) piece by Jayson Stark earlier this week at espn.com about the MLB-wide injury situation.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/rumblings120601/mlb-season-altering-injuries-just-keep-coming

I know this probably isn't going to be a very popular opinion, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing them cut down the season to 140 games or so -- start in mid to late April and have more days off sprinkled in throughout the season.

They won't, that would be a big hit to revenue, but it's just becoming increasingly rare for guys to make it through an entire season without injury anymore, and you see so many bullpens/rotations just really show the wear and tear in September/October. I think they could use more in-season days off and maybe a little later start to the year.

I know this probably isn't going to be a very popular opinion, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing them cut down the season to 140 games or so -- start in mid to late April and have more days off sprinkled in throughout the season.

They won't, that would be a big hit to revenue, but it's just becoming increasingly rare for guys to make it through an entire season without injury anymore, and you see so many bullpens/rotations just really show the wear and tear in September/October. I think they could use more in-season days off and maybe a little later start to the year.

What about shortening spring training? Alot of players seem to state that ST is too long and they are just "going through the motions" after a few weeks of being there.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

aram? seriously?

It 's getting to the point where an uneventful day is going to bring the questions: "Nobody? Seriously?"

There was a very interesting (and surprising) piece by Jayson Stark earlier this week at espn.com about the MLB-wide injury situation.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/rumblings120601/mlb-season-altering-injuries-just-keep-coming

It is kind of skewed when you look at how many of the highest paid guys have gone on the DL since in general those guys are going to be older. I believe it would be considered selection bias.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Aoki (RF) - Gomez (CF) - Hart (1B) - Kottaras © - Weeks (2B) - Green (3B) - Ransom (SS) - Morgan (LF) - Fiers (P)

That's my early prediction on Roenicke's lineup. Probably nowhere near the worst lineup ever, but certainly as bad as some of those early 2000's lineups.

Lucroy was just as upset about the abuse his wife, Sarah, has endured in the days since.

Here's one for true conspiracy theorists. Maybe Lucroy is trying to take the heat off himself because there's a subset of fans who don't believe his 'story' about how he injured his hand that he's exaggerating the abuse to his wife so people will lay off him. Personally I don't believe the story about how he injured his hand and I don't believe there's this rabid fan base in Milwaukee that will call out his wife on facebook. Sure he's had a decent start to the year, but he's not a perennial all-star that the team hangs on his every AB (like Braun). Now if Sara Lucroy shot Jonathan because he took away her credit cards because she's a shopaholic and was spending all his hard earned money then I'd be calling that 'Ho out myself, but a little accident doesn't seem like the trigger to set off the public. But the family under attack story really does beg for letting the Lucroys alone and not to question that fluke luggage falling on an open hand causing boxer's fracture movie of the week.

Aoki (RF) - Gomez (CF) - Hart (1B) - Kottaras © - Weeks (2B) - Green (3B) - Ransom (SS) - Morgan (LF) - Fiers (P)

That's my early prediction on Roenicke's lineup. Probably nowhere near the worst lineup ever, but certainly as bad as some of those early 2000's lineups.

Look around the league, that lineup would probably be in the top half of the NL

Archived