Brewer Fanatic

The injury thread [Latest 5/28: Luc to 15-day DL with hand fracture]

AZBrewCrew

Mods feel free to move as necessary,but I was thinking we could have a specific injury/DL thread.

Today Ishikawa is sent to the 15 day DL with an oblique strain. Loe is "day to day" with elbow soreness.

Who's next? Sigh

Formerly AirShuttle6104

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, if it's some consolation, the most recent wave of injuries hasn't happened to particularly good players---though it is comedic that we've run out of 1b's and ss in the organization

Izturis and Ishikawa are replacement level players. Their loss is of no significant value to the team.

Gamel is better, but Gamel/Hart isn't any better than Hart/Aoki.

Losing Narveson was somewhat notable. There isn't a huge difference between Narveson and Estrada as starters, but it also hurt our bullpen depth pulling Estrada out of it.

Losing Gonzalez probably hurt the worst, not because Gonzalez was even close to our best starter but because the dropoff between him and Izturis is pretty significant.

Almost every team has injuries to some degree. We've had a lot more than most, but the majority of them have been non-significant players, and we weren't playing well before the rash of injuries. My point I guess, injuries have had an impact for sure, but they aren't an excuse for a 19-28 record.

I agree. Roenicke pretty much alluded to that in his press conference after the game today. The injuries obviously don't help, but it's not an excuse for not winning games. Like today for instance. Should've easily won that game. This team wouldn't be much better even without the injuries. They just aren't playing well enough. That's all there is to it.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

From watching the broadcasts, it's quite obvious that the company line is going to revolve around the injuries. At the same time, the reason that these injuries have had this effect is that there was a glaring lack of depth going into the season. The Brewers got extremely lucky with injuries last season, and it looks like that is catching up to them now. That said, I'm not going to be sold the bill of goods that the injuries are the sole reason for the way the team is playing now. It's not like they've lost anyone that would be considered a key player for an extended stretch.

From watching the broadcasts, it's quite obvious that the company line is going to revolve around the injuries. At the same time, the reason that these injuries have had this effect is that there was a glaring lack of depth going into the season. The Brewers got extremely lucky with injuries last season, and it looks like that is catching up to them now. That said, I'm not going to be sold the bill of goods that the injuries are the sole reason for the way the team is playing now. It's not like they've lost anyone that would be considered a key player for an extended stretch.

Was going to say the same. That's been the key issue. Brooks Conrad, Edwin Maysonet(fluke slam aside) and Cesar Izturis in the same MLB lineup is unacceptable for any team, but especially a team that won their division last year.

Injuries happen, but you MUST have a better option than Cesar Izturis as your main back up at no less than 3(THREE) positions. If you don't, you are asking for a miserable season.

Wow. That's almost salad tongs-level embarrassing.

I feel better if I just assume "suitcase fell on hand" really means he was saving a woman and her daughter from a burning building when he dropped a piano on his hand.

Who is the 3rd catcher on this team?

Archived