Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-27 Brewers (Wolf) at Diamondbacks (Hudson), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 27 | 3:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (19-27) | Diamondbacks (21-26)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/diamondbacks.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/wolf-10.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/diamondbacks/hudson-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-4, 6.02 ERA, 1.70 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Diamondbacks | Game Log[/h3][h3]Three batters aside, Wolf turned in an impressive outing Monday against the Giants. After giving up two one-out walks followed by a three-run homer in the first, Wolf settled in, tossing seven innings for the first time this year.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]1-1, 6.00 ERA, 1.61 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Hudson will make his first start since returning from the DL with a shoulder injury that kept him sidelined since April 18. His last start was a good one, as he tossed 7 2/3 innings and allowed just two runs against the Pirates.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 1B Corey Hart
  2. RF Norichika Aoki
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. C George Kottaras
  5. 2B Rickie Weeks
  6. 3B Taylor Green
  7. SS Cody Ransom
  8. CF Nyjer Morgan
  9. LHP Randy Wolf

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Willie Bloomquist
  2. 2B Aaron Hill
  3. RF Justin Upton
  4. CF Chris Young
  5. LF Jason Kubel
  6. 1B Paul Goldschmidt
  7. 3B Ryan Roberts
  8. C Henry Blanco
  9. RHP Daniel Hudson

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we are finished because of Ishikawa and Izturis being on the DL...

Our issues go far deeper than having WW fodder on the DL. Those two guys can be easily replaced with guys just like them.

How much do we miss Prince, seriously...

As bad as I wanted McGehee and Yuni gone, last year's line-up would seem like GOLD compared to the crap we are tossing out there on a daily basis this year.

I'd hit Green 5th, and Morgan 6th in this line-up, Ransom 7th, and Rickie Weeks 8th...

Keep playing Aoki, dude has done nothing but perform, no more benching the guy period. At some point we have to reward those who are helping this team, no sense in trying to be fair with playing time when we are so desperate for someone to step up. Platoon Morgan and Gomez if we must, but Aoki needs to be in there every day.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Keep playing Aoki, dude has done nothing but perform, no more benching the guy period. At some point we have to reward those who are helping this team, no sense in trying to be fair with playing time when we are so desperate for someone to step up. Platoon Morgan and Gomez if we must, but Aoki needs to be in there every day.

Aoki's playing today. It's his 5th start in the last 6 games. Not really sure what you're complaining about here.

Quick Question:

Does our catcher now hit 4th (clean-up)? Is that the new rule?

Just checking.

Is this a problem? Kottaras (and to an even greater extent, Lucroy) is one of the better hitters in our lineup. Outside of moving Corey Hart there (and he's been hitting well since moving to leadoff), who would you propose hits cleanup? Lucroy and Kottaras have the 2nd and 3rd highest OPS's on the team.

I get that you have to complain about every single thing that Roenicke does, but you're really stretching at this point.

That's why I hate having someone like Kottaras in the cleanup spot. Hell, I'd rather have Weeks or Green in there. Just awful. He's a frickin backup catcher batting cleanup.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

There really isn't a lot to say about this team right now, is there.

Sure there is. Positive things? Not many.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

How much do we miss Prince, seriously...

As bad as I wanted McGehee and Yuni gone, last year's line-up would seem like GOLD compared to the crap we are tossing out there on a daily basis this year.

Obviously we miss Prince, but his absence isn't the reason why the lineup is sad (I'll ignore the pitching staff for now). For the most part, it's been a whole lot of unforeseen, and rightly so, issues. While nobody expected Mat Gamel to fill Prince's shoes, at the same time nobody expected Morgan, Weeks, and Ramirez to fall off a cliff. Nobody expect the rash of injuries that would result in players being summoned from the Land O'Lakes league to man positions in the starting lineup.

You have Braun and Hart performing to expectations (I'm not looking at ZIPS projections or anything - this is just off the top of my head) and Lucroy exceeding expectations. Aoki is exceeding, as well, but imo he hasn't gotten enough playing time yet to really factor in to the analysis. Kottaras and Gomez started hot, but are basically what we thought they'd be. Everyone else is either just totally failing beyond anyone's worst nightmare or is a AAA player (the latter mostly not by design).

DM and RR aren't perfect, but I can't really blame them all that much for the lineup. And Prince's absence isn't good, but had things gone like everybody thought (or at least come reasonably close), it wouldn't be that huge a deal.

Aoki's playing today. It's his 5th start in the last 6 games. Not really sure what you're complaining about here.

Quick Question:

Does our catcher now hit 4th (clean-up)? Is that the new rule?

Just checking.

Is this a problem? Kottaras (and to an even greater extent, Lucroy) is one of the better hitters in our lineup. Outside of moving Corey Hart there (and he's been hitting well since moving to leadoff), who would you propose hits cleanup? Lucroy and Kottaras have the 2nd and 3rd highest OPS's on the team.

I get that you have to complain about every single thing that Roenicke does, but you're really stretching at this point.

Ummmmm, isn't that what I said?

KEEP playing Aoki... No complaints there, glad he is getting his just due playing time. For once, I applaud RR being able to figure out that playing your hot guys is a good thing. You are looking for a complaint that isn't there.

To me, it's a joke that Kottaras is hitting clean-up. Our manager isn't bright enough to juggle a line-up so it makes sense, it seems all he can do is substitute position players into the spot that they were in the day before. In his mind, he sees Lucroy in the 4 hole, he sits Lucroy, so it is obvious to him that Kottaras must fit into that exact spot. It's asinine if you really think about it. This isn't the only example of this behavior, it has happened countless times in the past 2 years, to the point that it is now almost funny, absurd, yet funny.

As far as who should be in the 4 hole, to me, it is obviously Hart. Clean-up is a power spot in the order right, who on this team has the most power outside of Braun? Aoki leads off, Morgan hits 2nd, Braun, Hart, then toss a coin...

Yes, I have major issues with the way this team is managed, but don't most who are invested in this team?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

SoCal just got your reply from Friday. Going tomorrow with a long time Dodger season ticket holder so I'm sure he's got a pass; thanks for the offer. My first game ever at Dodger Stadium was Memorial Day 2002 and a Sheets loss so I plan to be back in 2022. If you want to try to meet up I can send you my cell.

Archived