Brewer Fanatic

The Obnoxious, Over-the-Top, Love for Ryan Braun Thread...

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His not regretting signing long term with Milwaukee speaks volumes about his understanding of his long term legacy in baseball. Instead of being just another guy who left for the largest dollar sign (Sabathia in New York, Fielder in Detroit, Greinke in Los Angeles), Braun will be the definition of a Milwaukee Brewer, just like Robin Yount .

Braun, Tulowitzki, Longoria, McCutchen...I hope they all stay in their current markets and become the faces of a franchise the way that Yount, Ripken and Gwynn did before them.

His not regretting signing long term with Milwaukee speaks volumes about his understanding of his long term legacy in baseball. Instead of being just another guy who left for the largest dollar sign (Sabathia in New York, Fielder in Detroit, Greinke in Los Angeles), Braun will be the definition of a Milwaukee Brewer, just like Robin Yount .

Braun, Tulowitzki, Longoria, McCutchen...I hope they all stay in their current markets and become the faces of a franchise the way that Yount, Ripken and Gwynn did before them.

What else can he say?

"I guess I never expected to be this good. I should have never signed that deal. It cost me hundreds of millions of dollars."

What else can he say?

"I guess I never expected to be this good. I should have never signed that deal. It cost me hundreds of millions of dollars."

I think there are players out there that would be whining and moaning about their contract and/or be critical of upper management and moves (or lack of moves) that they are making to improve the team. It wouldn't be the first time a MLB player whined about their contract. Ricky Henderson was probably the most famous example, but there have been others.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

What else can he say?

Seriously? He signed his extension in April 2011 when he already had 4+ years in the Majors, a $45m extension through 2015, a Rookie of the Year award, 3 all star appearances, 3 Silver Sluggers and a career BA of .300+ and 130+ HRs. I think he already knew how good he was and how much money he could be leaving on the table.

Archived