Brewer Fanatic

The Obnoxious, Over-the-Top, Love for Ryan Braun Thread...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braun will probably have about 1,100 hits and 200 HR's at the end of this season. Let's assume he plays until he's 40; 12 more years after this one. Then:

If he averages 160 hits, he'll top 3,000.

If he averages 25 HR's, he'll top 500.

Very reachable. Can't wait to head to Cooperstown someday in the future to see him inducted to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Cause that is where he is headed.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I feel like nobody nationally is really even talking about him. I'm sure they all wished he'd suck all of a sudden.

Buster Olney just wrote a piece on ESPN insider about whether Ryan Braun should get MVP votes this year. I don't have insider so I couldn't read it all but that is about the extent of the national coverage on Braun that I've seen so far. Maybe someone with insider could give a brief summary. I think a lot of writers wish they would write the "see Braun sucks now he was definately using" story and I think Olney is one of them.

Olney doesn't say a ton in the article. It's more of a "this will be interesting" approach. He comments on how the writers treat roid users (suspected or otherwise) in regards to the HOF. He acknowledges that Braun is having an MVP season, and is curious to see if writers will vote for him for MVP, given their stance on the HOF. He said the two don't jive. At the end he states that he would vote for him if he had a vote.

Braun would have to be the far and away obvious choice to ever win MVP again IMO. If it is close the other guy is going to win.

So far this year it would be Votto's to lose; he has been spectacular thus far. Braun would be a solid top 3 choice right now but Votto is the clear front runner

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Braun would have to be the far and away obvious choice to ever win MVP again IMO. If it is close the other guy is going to win.

So far this year it would be Votto's to lose; he has been spectacular thus far. Braun would be a solid top 3 choice right now but Votto is the clear front runner

Totally agree. Votto has been amazing this year. Can't hurt that the Reds are winning too.

What about Carlos Gonzalez?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Look at his home/road splits compared to Brauny and Votto. His numbers are solid on the road but Votto and Braun have All-Star road numbers as well as home numbers.

Crazy stat. Votto's BABIP is .432! That is .100 points higher than Braun's. Votto sports a career BABIP of .359. That shows to me he hits the ball hard.

Look at his home/road splits compared to Brauny and Votto. His numbers are solid on the road but Votto and Braun have All-Star road numbers as well as home numbers.

Crazy stat. Votto's BABIP is .432! That is .100 points higher than Braun's. Votto sports a career BABIP of .359. That shows to me he hits the ball hard.

I really don't think the writers delve into "splits" when deciding on who to vote for. I believe most of them look at the "Big 3"..HRs, RBIs, and AVG. (Unless of course there is some Verlander type pitcher and no one putting up Superman like offensive numbers). Gonzalez is in the top 5 in each of those categories. I do believe that the writers take into account the teams success that the player is on, so that obviously will work in Votto's favor.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I thought the Big 3 were

1. Did your team make the playoffs?

2. Did the player have any walkoffs/dominating game in September?

3. Is the player friendly to the media?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Ryan Braun has inside jokes with people he's never met.

His home run balls throw themselves out of the stands, hoping he will hit them again.

His charm is so contagious, vaccines have been created for it.

Mosquitoes don't bother him, purely out of respect.

Every time he goes for a swim, dolphins appear.

If you ever found the end of the rainbow, Ryan Braun would be there with a pot of gold.

When it rains in Milwaukee, it is because Ryan Braun is thinking about something sad.

God created the heavens in six days. Ryan Braun would have done it in five.

He lives vicariously through himself.

He is the most interesting man in the world.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

If Braun keeps up at this pace and misses the same amount of time the second half as he has missed the first he will hit 47 home runs, have 120 RBI's, and steal 28 bases. His OBP is sitting at .400 now.

He is on pace to be better in almost every area compared to last year. I know some thought he might press after the out field stuff, but he has been ridiculous this year. I shudder to think where we would be without Braun. (I also shudder to think where we would be with a good bullpen but that is for a different thread)

If Braun keeps up at this pace and misses the same amount of time the second half as he has missed the first he will hit 47 home runs, have 120 RBI's, and steal 28 bases. His OBP is sitting at .400 now.

He is on pace to be better in almost every area compared to last year. I know some thought he might press after the out field stuff, but he has been ridiculous this year. I shudder to think where we would be without Braun. (I also shudder to think where we would be with a good bullpen but that is for a different thread)

Since this thread is about being obnoxious and over the top, let's dream big: what happens if Braun wins the Triple Crown? Geez I'd love him to put the writers in a bind like that after they way they shabbily reported info over the winter.

Since this thread is about being obnoxious and over the top, let's dream big: what happens if Braun wins the Triple Crown? Geez I'd love him to put the writers in a bind like that after they way they shabbily reported info over the winter.

Leads in Home Runs. 2nd in RBIs, but 8th in BA. But we can dream right! I actually think he has a good shot to win the first two.

• 2 weeks later...

Brauny with 2 more bombs tonight. 22 on the season!

Leading the NL in HR, second in slg, 3rd in RBI, 4th in OPS, 8th in AVG. MVP #2 incoming???

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• 1 month later...

Archived