Brewer Fanatic

The Obnoxious, Over-the-Top, Love for Ryan Braun Thread...

This thread is devoted to Ryan Braun's greatness. Please share your observations in this regard, whether they be baseball-themed, or related to any of Ryan's other worldly activities.

I'll begin with this...

Yesterday was the five-year anniversary of Ryan Braun’s first major league game. Since his call-up to the majors…Braun has led the Majors with 1,720 total bases and 395 extra-base hits. He ranks second overall with 537 runs scored, he’s third in slugging percentage, at .566, and fourth in both HR and RBI’s, with 173 home runs and 562 ribbies.

Whatever you're good at, Ryan Braun is better...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braun is #12 All-Time in career Slugging %. Just behind Rogers Hornsby & Joe DiMaggio and ahead of Musial, Mays, and Mantle.

Yes those guys had declines at the end of their careers that effected their overall stats, but the Great 8 hasn't reached his peak yet.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Braun will probably have about 1,100 hits and 200 HR's at the end of this season. Let's assume he plays until he's 40; 12 more years after this one. Then:

If he averages 160 hits, he'll top 3,000.

If he averages 25 HR's, he'll top 500.

He seems to have finally given up wearing those awful Remetee t-shirts :p

And that's pretty much it for me. Ryan Braun's lone flaw was those god awful Remetee t-shirts.

I don't know if I would like the guy if I ran into him in SoCal and he was out having a few drinks, not exactly sure what type of guy he is, but as a Brewers fan...it's really amazing how lucky we are to have a guy like Ryan Braun....A SoCal guy who went to Miami ACTUALLY commit to us for essentially his entire career(he could of course play out the last couple years as a DH trying to win a WS ala Paul Molitor, but it's 2012 and he's not a FA until after 2021, so it's foolish to even mention it. He gave up....seriously...100 million? 80million?

I can't even fathom what his market would have been after next season. 10 years 220? I really don't know.

I will say this. He shouldn't be playing right now. Anyone see him go after the double by Roberts in LF? Braun may not have a great first step, or be able to read a ball great, but when he has a beat on it, he can run it down. Watching him on that play, he looked like it was going to be out of the park and it ended up a couple feets away and he was just jogging.

I'm not an alarmist, but I mean.....Braun is to the Brewers what the auto industry is to Detroit right now....pretty much our now, our future and our past....hate to see him tear up what was a strain.

Though...what do I know?

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Braun will probably have about 1,100 hits and 200 HR's at the end of this season. Let's assume he plays until he's 40; 12 more years after this one. Then:

If he averages 160 hits, he'll top 3,000.

If he averages 25 HR's, he'll top 500.

I like those projections because they're extremely low.

I suspect over the next 6 years he'll average roughly 190 hits and 33-35 HR's.

I just pray we don't ruin his prime years.

Braun just can't do it without his little helper. His wOBA has dropped an entire .001 from last season!

He could easily crack 40 HR's this season. And hit well over .300. Dude's just a great all around hitter.

Ryan Braun was created in a lab by combining two parts Russell Branyan and one part Jesus.

Given that Braun seems to be proud of his Jewish heritage, we know he doesn't have that much Branyan. If he did, there would no longer be an Iran.

Who do you think designed the virus to shut down the Iranian nuclear weapons system in between innings?

Archived