Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-26 Brewers (Greinke) at Diamondbacks (Miley), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

They just showed their little "poll" on tv and they had Kemp at 79% snd Braun at 21%, then they went on to say how great MKE fans are

Well, to be fair, Grace did say "you think the Arizona fans are going to vote for a guy that knocked the Diamondbacks out of the playoffs last year?"

Braun almost single handedly beat the 'backs. The AZ fans are bitter.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An insurance run for the Dbacks. :rolleyes

We really needed to pull Greinke. He started off the third single, single, walk, walk. When you allow the first four guys to get on, and walk a run in, it's time to come out. No reason whatsoever, none, why he should have still been in to give up the three run home run.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

We really needed to pull Greinke. He started off the third single, single, walk, walk. When you allow the first four guys to get on, and walk a run in, it's time to come out. No reason whatsoever, none, why he should have still been in to give up the three run home run.

Two singles and two walks call for an automatic pull? If every manager did this their bullpen would be gassed by July.

Two singles and two walks call for an automatic pull? If every manager did this their bullpen would be gassed by July.

When Greinke's already given up four runs, and has thrown nearly 70 pitches in two innings pitched? Absolutely.

Green has really been bad.

Well our 2 game "winning streak" comes to an end.......it's almost June and our longest winning streak is 3 games...and that has happened only once I believe.

Reds are really playing well.....could be 10 games back before you know it.

Sutton's 'Keys to the Game' yesterday were:

Paper plates.

Yes, paper plates. Because sometimes when you have guests over, you want to bring out the nice china set. The Milwaukee Brewers are not those guests. They get paper plates.

So glad we have BA nowadays... that kind of stuff is just annoying.

When Greinke's already given up four runs, and has thrown nearly 70 pitches in two innings pitched? Absolutely.

And if McClendon comes in and gives up a HR to McDonald (or allows the inherited runners to score), people come here and question why RR didn't let Greinke try to work out of it like he did in the 1st inning. It's easy to say in hindsight. I'm not saying you're wrong, but most managers are going to let their ace try to work out of that.

I would agree that he should have been pulled immediately after the HR though. No further damage came of it, but he did put two more baserunners on.

Found a few posts like this over on the Dbacks forum

I yelled the occasional "Cheater" and "HGH" at Braun while in the LF bullpen section, but there were 3 or 4 guys in LF bleachers who were giving it to him nonstop, "M-V-P.....H-G-H!" and "Ster -- oids!" and "You'll never get in the Hall!" and all sorts of great stuff. They seemed like they had been preparing for it, and were relentless and the real heroes of the evening.

I joined in their chants sometimes, as did several people in my section.

Funny story. Around the Second inning, my four year old daughter handed me her JJ Putz bobblehead and said she wanted me to put it back in the box because she didn't want the cheater to steal it from her. I told her not only would he steal it, but he would lie to her and blame the nice lady at the gate who gave it to her after he steals it. Needless to say, she is not a Ryan Braun fan now either.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Paper plates.

Yes, paper plates. Because sometimes when you have guests over, you want to bring out the nice china set. The Milwaukee Brewers are not those guests. They get paper plates.

I absolutely could NOT stand Daron Sutton, I guess I still can't stand him. I'm usually not one to argue and moan about commentators, but he was so bad. The overly dramatic things he said, the cheesy stuff like what was listed above, .. it all just drove me nuts.

Paper plates.

I absolutely could NOT stand Daron Sutton, I guess I still can't stand him. I'm usually not one to argue and moan about commentators, but he was so bad. The overly dramatic things he said, the cheesy stuff like what was listed above, .. it all just drove me nuts.

Its even worse with Mark Grace added into the mix.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived