Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-26 Brewers (Greinke) at Diamondbacks (Miley), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 26 | 9:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (19-26) | Diamondbacks (20-26)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/diamondbacks.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/greinke-10.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/diamondbacks/miley-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]5-1, 2.70 ERA, 1.11 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Diamondbacks | Game Log[/h3][h3]The Brewers are 3-1 in Greinke starts this May. In the one loss, the right-hander earned a no-decision, striking out 11 and allowing zero runs in eight innings. He's given up just four earned runs in 27 innings this month.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]5-1, 2.14 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Miley was tremendous last time out against the Royals. The left-hander threw seven scoreless innings and struck out three in the D-backs' 2-0 win. He picked up his fifth win of the year and lowered his ERA to 2.14.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 1B Corey Hart
  2. RF Norichika Aoki
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy
  5. 2B Rickie Weeks
  6. 3B Cody Ransom
  7. CF Carlos Gomez
  8. SS Edwin Maysonet
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Gerardo Parra
  2. 2B Aaron Hill
  3. RF Justin Upton
  4. LF Jason Kubel
  5. 1B Paul Goldschmidt
  6. 3B Ryan Roberts
  7. C Konrad Schmidt
  8. SS John McDonald
  9. LHP Wade Miley

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how much AZ fans hate the Brewers (the three or four hundred total). I get crap in nearly every situation when i'm out wearing my gear. That said, let's get a winning streak going today!
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I'm a little surprised Ramirez is in the lineup after the nasty-looking welt on his elbow last night, but I suppose the alternative was Maysonet at SS and Ransom at 3B tonight.

Hopefully Greinke can keep it going and the team can start building a bit of a winning streak. The offensive output over the past 5 games or so has been encouraging, even if it didn't always lead to runs.

Edit: And now according to TH, Ramirez is a scratch with a bruised elbow. Ransom to 3B, Maysonet to SS. And Ramirez is talking like someone's getting hit tonight.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

More than seven months later, I'm surprised at how just typing in the names of the Diamondback starters takes me back to October 2011. Well, save us, Zack Greinke, and the other eight too.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I love how much AZ fans hate the Brewers (the three or four hundred total). I get crap in nearly every situation when i'm out wearing my gear. That said, let's get a winning streak going today!

I hear it all the time out here too from "die hard" Arizona fans.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

It's not still because of the Rickie Weeks over Justin Upton thing, is it? Aside from the usual trash talking about Braun, what do Arizona fans say to you guys? "Hey, you beat us in a very closely contested 5 game series last year, we don't like you!"

THAT is not a very encouraging line-up...

We were pretty spoiled having Prince and Braun in our line-up all those years.

5-9 looks like a black hole of crap.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

THAT is not a very encouraging line-up...

We were pretty spoiled having Prince and Braun in our line-up all those years.

5-9 looks like a black hole of crap.

Keep in mind that we scored 16 runs the last time we put out a lineup like this, lol. But I still agree.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

It's not still because of the Rickie Weeks over Justin Upton thing, is it? Aside from the usual trash talking about Braun, what do Arizona fans say to you guys? "Hey, you beat us in a very closely contested 5 game series last year, we don't like you!"

Its still the Weeks over Upton thing and last years NLDS. There is alot of not so pleasant things said about Morgan as well.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Aside from the fact that fans down here generally just seem bitter. Most likely because they feel they have to stick up for their teams with the overwhelming majority of people being from more established fan bases across the country (tons of packers, cowboys, and steelers fans here).
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I'd agree on that one phnx. They are too often the road team in their own parks. It's symptomatic of some of the western cities that are full of people from other cities. Phoenix is like LA 30-40 years ago. You still get games full of the other teams fans here...especially New Yorkers. All the snowbirds in Phoenix make it way worse there.

That inning was kind of awesome actually. It started ugly, but Greinke really got filthy all of the sudden.

I kind of worried after he got the short end of the call against Kubel which was followed up by him getting a hit that ZG might end up having one of those innings like he would have last year when everybody was wondering about his mental makeup.

Loving Lucroy right now. Guy's just on fire!

Offense has bailed out a shaky start by Zack.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived