Brewer Fanatic

Giants angry with Braun re: MP windows

You know, i didn't care either way much about the giants, even with Barry Bonds on their team, but lately they have been getting on my nerves. First their whole reaction to the bowling ball celebration, the Zito plunkings of Prince (was it twice?), the Nyjer Morgan heckling in SF, and now this (again Zito's involvement). Am I forgetting something here? Also it's not like we move the panels just for Barry Zito, though maybe we should...

Here's looking forward to another spring training plunking next year!

ugh

Whether or not Braun is the only Brewer who went to management about the roof, he was the subject of scorn in the Giants clubhouse. One person was upset to the point of losing his temper as he discussed it.

How soft is that? One of the Giants literally pulled a temper tantrum in the clubhouse.

One would think the Brewers are the ones in most danger of injury not the opponents. After all they play a lot more games there than anyone else. I find it hard to believe they would continue to do it if it was a real injury issue. They paid way too much for Ramirez to let him take one off the dome.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Still not as bad as led scoreboards by TLR. I just can't see complaining about something teams equally deal with.

If that's the case it's not fair and dangerous that teams play day games because the sun is out and the ball could be lost in the sun...

I actually think the ridiculous St Louis comments rank in this order.

1) Untucking the jerseys after a win is disrespecting the game.

2) The Brewers turn up the ribbon lighting to help the team.

3) The Brewers are stealing the pitchers' signs.

4) The bullpen/dugout phone changed my words.

Did the Brewers have any liners or groundouts to the left side of our defense that game?

Today, the left side of the infield was bathed in sunshine while the mound and plate were in shadow. That made it very difficult for the left side of the infield to see the ball off the bat.

http://i.imgur.com/J6HXL.gif

I believe that we touched on this last year. I can't stand the Giants, because they whine about everything.

Well, San Francisco is whine country... sorry, couldn't resist.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Hey, guess what Giants, the shadow situation isn't perfect, and if you dislike how it plays now, you'd really dislike how it played before this solution, so kindly bite your lip, the Brewers deal with it far more than the 1 game you had to.

Seriously, there has to be a term for this kind of human interaction; get irate and scapegoat a person for the situation of today, without understanding the history that lead to said situation. For now, I'll stick with ignorance.

Because when the roof is open and the shadows creep across the field later in the game, this isn't a problem? Maybe we need to become a bunch of cry babies. Maybe we'd win a WS? It has worked for the last two years...

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Braun may have been the player who was the most visible as far as publicly commenting on the issue, but it's not like his opinion wouldn't have been shared by others. Along with that, the Brewers wouldn't have made this adjustment without the input of players, umpires, and the commissioner's office.

Heck, they may have even talked to other teams. Actually, I'd say it was likely that they talked to other teams, especially when they first started doing this.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Braun was far from the only player -- home or away -- who complained about the shadows. How much did the Braves complain after Sheets' 18-K game in the shadows? Given the choice between seeing the ball while they're hitting and seeing the ball while they're on defense, I imagine most players are going to choose seeing the ball when they're in the batter's box.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Yeah, the Giants come across as huge whiners, which I can only take as a direct reflection of Bochy.

I have to disagree there.

I think Bochy's a guy who doesn't make excuses and is as much of a calm, respected coach as their is.

I think the whining comes after the WS win, maybe it's leftover from Bonds, I don't know. But I can't lay that on Bochy. He just seems like too much of an old school guy and frankly a good guy to me.

[sarcasm]Plus, if he has a problem, he'd just head but anyone he had a problem with. It'd be like bowling. One headbut would cause the opposing team to fall like domino's.[/sarcasm]

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Today, the left side of the infield was bathed in sunshine while the mound and plate were in shadow. That made it very difficult for the left side of the infield to see the ball off the bat.

http://i.imgur.com/J6HXL.gif

Duuude...you can't post that picture...ever again...that picture just goes right through me...that is a creep...creepy smile!

Braun may have been the player who was the most visible as far as publicly commenting on the issue, but it's not like his opinion wouldn't have been shared by others. Along with that, the Brewers wouldn't have made this adjustment without the input of players, umpires, and the commissioner's office.

Heck, they may have even talked to other teams. Actually, I'd say it was likely that they talked to other teams, especially when they first started doing this.

Do you have any reason to back that up? I'm just wondering, but I wouldn't think the commissioners office, the players union or the umps would have any say in how open the Brewers leave their roof.

Archived