Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Woodchucks bobble trade: Gorman for Gantner?

I was able to get a couple extra Gorman Thomas bobbleheads from the Wisconsin Woodchucks game on 6/26, and I am very interested in trading one for the Jim Gantner Woodchucks bobblehead which will be given away on 7/26.

Please let me know if you are interested. I live in central Wisconsin, so maybe we could set up an exchange.

Thanks!!!

It's early, but I plan on going. I will be dragging my daughter along with me, so I should have an extra. I need a Woodchucks Gorman. If I get an extra Gantner, I'll definitely trade you.

How early do the gates open in Wausau? What time should I get there to guarantee a bobblehead?

Thanks TracyThom for the response. It's all yours if you have an extra Gantner to trade. Keep me posted if you get one.

The game I went to was a 6:35pm game and I had tickets ahead of time. I was there at 4:15 and was about #50 in line. By the time the gates opened at 5:35 the line was all the way down the block and around the corner. It was pretty crazy, not to mention the 98 degree heat.

To all of the others asking for extras, I don't have any right now. My brother has two but he doesn't collect them, so I may try to bargain with him before he puts them on Ebay. Any ideas as to what he could get for one on Ebay?

• 3 weeks later...

Gormans Sideburns, PM sent.

I went to the game last night, and had to drive home through one of the worst rain storms I have ever driven in. The storm was moving south, and I was driving south. Basically it poured all the way from Wausau to the Dane County line. I was finally able to get up to the speed limit at the Dane County line.

That was the first time I have ever been to Athletic Field in Wausau. First off, the Woodchucks website should have updated their directions indicating that the Bridge Street exit was closed. I spent an extra 10 minutes trying to find my way to the stadium.

I liked the field. The outside of the park is surrounded by an 8-foot stone wall. It really has an old-school feeling to it. Inside, the park is tiny. There really isn't a bad seat in the house. The backstop is rather close to the plate, and therefore the seats behind home are great. Admission was cheap ($5 for adults, $3 for kids) and the food was reasonably priced. The only thing I didn't like were the carnie-type trailers selling food. I'd rather see stands than trailers.

Since it was a Northwoods League game, I was expecting it to be a circus like the Mallards. It wasn't bad at all. The experience was like a Snappers game. If anyone else was there, I was wearing the Nashville Gallardo jersey. My daughter got selected to do the Power Wheels race in the 3rd or 4th inning.

Archived