Brewer Fanatic

Autograph

mpoke3105
Provisional Member

One of the best days of my life occured in 1987. My dad took me to a Brewer game. Teddy Higuera threw a 3 hit shutout, and the Brewers won 1-0 over the Twins. The real highlight was my dad making a great catch on a foul ball hit by Robin Yount. I still have the ball.

I was thinking that it would be a great gift for my father if I could somehow get Robin to sign it. Does anyone know how that may be possible? Maybe a fan mail address? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Your best bet would be to try to get him in person. Sending something that has emotional value is risky, as items seem to disappear inside MLB mailrooms. Yount isn't a sure thing signer either, so it would be an awful risk. Maybe try sending him a letter first, asking for permission to send. He can probably be reached through the Brewers or the Hall of Fame.

Keep an eye on the events that the Lake Shore Chinooks put on this year. Yount is a part owner of that team and he's already attended at least a couple press conferences & events. I think they're doing a Yount bobblehead as well. You're probably much more likely to get him in person at a Northwoods League event vs. an MLB event.

Archived