Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-23 Giants (Zito) at Brewers (Estrada), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-5; 8.0 bullpen innings after Estrada hurt in 1st]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of Axford's strongest 9ths of the year. Hopefully the day off will give everyone some much-needed rest, but wouldn't count out a move to also get a fresh arm in the mix (on top of also possibly replacing Estrada).

It'd be swell to win two or three in a row at some point.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Probably would have been more comfortable if the bullpen didn't have to pick up 8 innings, or even if the bullpen wasn't still reeling from the past couple nights. Lots of tired arms today.

Yeah, just imagine if Marco's unexpectedly short outing had been the day after the 14 inning affair. Nice work, Wholestaff! Plus in the wafer-thin-silver-lining department, Marco had the GWRBI.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator

Hairy win!

As for Estrada, I'm guessing because it's his right leg, he could be out for a few starts. The hip flexer is stretched when you lunge/stride so that would be his right leg when he throws. Obviously depends on how bad it is, but I'm guessing they have to be careful with re-injury on a pitcher.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hairy win!

As for Estrada, I'm guessing because it's his right leg, he could be out for a few starts. The hip flexer is stretched when you lunge/stride so that would be his right leg when he throws. Obviously depends on how bad it is, but I'm guessing they have to be careful with re-injury on a pitcher.

A few starts means a DL trip. I bet they bring up Fiers to take his spot.

We at least we avoided the brooms. My career record at Brewer road games is 5-7, hopefully I will get over .500 this weekend in the desert.

The Brewers have historically played well at Chase Field, especially if Jody Gerut can hit for the cycle there a few years ago..

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived