Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-23 Giants (Zito) at Brewers (Estrada), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-5; 8.0 bullpen innings after Estrada hurt in 1st]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Using Greinke as a pinch runner in the 1st inning was very smart in my opinion (although I do get the irony of replacing a pitcher hurt on the basepaths by putting your best pitcher on the basepaths). The Marcum thing kind of surprised me, but it is only the 3rd and Marcum got the bunt down.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I understand our bench is thin and all but so far RRR has used Greinke as a pinch runner and now Marcum as a pinch hitter.

I can see it if it's just laying down the bunt - like Marcum did. If you were looking for a base hit - that's a different story.

Didn't Parra break his finger trying to lay down a bunt a few years ago? Maybe they don't like his bunting skills and are afraid of a repeat.

If it's just a minor tweak, a week of rest and ice and he could be 100%.

While I hope it's not a lengthy absence for Marco, I don't see how they can realistically avoid a DL stint. It's not like they have a surplus of reliable pitchers on the 25-man roster.

Nashville is in Vegas tonight and Thursday night, so after today a pitcher would only have to travel to Arizona.

Stay strong, Johnny Wholestaff.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I understand our bench is thin and all but so far RRR has used Greinke as a pinch runner and now Marcum as a pinch hitter.

yeah i am fine with this. you have no idea how long this game is going to go. if the games goes 15 innings and they run out of position players and have to pinch hit Marcum with the winning run on base, you would be complaining about how they wasted a player in the 1st.

I will be going the games this weekend in AZ, any suggestions for things to do

Hiking is big this time of year (in the early mornings) if you are into that. If you like nightlife, Old Town Scottsdale is generally considered the "happening" place. If you like Mexican food, I recommend the TeePee Taproom which is on the south side of the ballpark. Its also supposed to be "cool" this weekend with highs around 90.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I will be going the games this weekend in AZ, any suggestions for things to do

Hiking is big this time of year (in the early mornings) if you are into that. If you like nightlife, Old Town Scottsdale is generally considered the "happening" place. If you like Mexican food, I recommend the TeePee Taproom which is on the south side of the ballpark. Its also supposed to be "cool" this weekend with highs around 90.

You might want to play a little catch before you go. We might need you to pitch for Milwaukee.

Back to the hip flexor, as Baldkin said, you just never know with it. It can be a very naggy type of injury or feel fine by his next start. In high school, I had a naggy hip flexor. I was able to massage it and stretch it enough so I didn't miss any time in track or baseball, but that obviously meant my issue was minor. I was a lefty pitcher and it was my right hip flexor - if it was bothering me, it was uncomfortable when I planted right foot as I strode towards home plate. I was still able to pitch when it was bothering me, but like I said, it was just a mild injury - if it was serious, there's no way I would've been able to pitch.

Lucroy is hitting frickin .350 now for cripes sake. Certainly didn't think he was capable of being this type of offensive player. Won't hit 350 all year but 320 or so seems realistic. Thats awesome for a catcher. I can't remember the last time the Brewers had a C that was this talented offensively.

Thanks, is the Taliesin West worth going to, looks like an expensive cab ride from downtown?

Archived