Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-23 Giants (Zito) at Brewers (Estrada), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-5; 8.0 bullpen innings after Estrada hurt in 1st]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gomez was swinging out of his shoes. Grand slam or nothing.

You might be the only one actually watching the game (impossible in the great state of Wisconsin). That means plenty of updates

The one thing I love about being out of state is being able to watch the games when they are blacked out in WI. Its the Giants feed but better than nothing, and I'm getting paid to watch it too!

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Community Moderator
You might be the only one actually watching the game (impossible in the great state of Wisconsin). That means plenty of updates

Great, this makes up for those Fox Saturday blackouts that seem to be every week this year.

Agreed with all that Peralta has not been very good this year, but who from the AAA rotation has?

I'd rather see what he has at the MLB level in a season that isn't looking like a playoff season anyway, rather than just plugging Fiers or Vargas in there.

Gomez was swinging out of his shoes. Grand slam or nothing.

The one thing I love about being out of state is being able to watch the games when they are blacked out in WI. Its the Giants feed but better than nothing, and I'm getting paid to watch it too!

I will be going the games this weekend in AZ, any suggestions for things to do

Agreed with all that Peralta has not been very good this year, but who from the AAA rotation has?

I'd rather see what he has at the MLB level in a season that isn't looking like a playoff season anyway, rather than just plugging Fiers or Vargas in there.

That's why you can't dismiss Thornburg.

Parra has actually been very good out of the pen this year. Based on his past struggles with starting and the fact that he isn't stretched out....I would leave him alone and let the young guys have a shot. Can always try him later or next year if they fail.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I bet they go with Fiers if they have to make a move.

His ERA is 4.13, but he's pretty solid otherwise - especially considering he's pitching in the PCL.

He's got a 1.27 WHIP, 42 K and 16 BB in 47 innings, and only 3 HR allowed. Those are decent numbers in that environment.

Plus, Melvin and company like to award guys who put their time in, work hard, etc.

Of course, they may decide on 'big upside' and roll the dice with Thornburg, but they don't do that often. Especially with pitchers. It would be interesting.

Community Moderator
They tried to go to 2nd but it was late. It was a slow hopper and the runner going from 2nd to 3rd stopped Izturis from charging in. Now a 3-run double that one-hopped the wall.

Right hip flexor strain for Estrada

what's that mean? is it a nasty injury? something he'll just need a little rest for? any clue.

It really could be anything. Your hip flexors are the muscles right at the top of your quadriceps. If it's bad, there's no way he'd be able to pitch for a couple weeks. If it's just a minor tweak, a week of rest and ice and he could be 100%.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Right hip flexor strain for Estrada

what's that mean? is it a nasty injury? something he'll just need a little rest for? any clue.

It really could be anything. Your hip flexors are the muscles right at the top of your quadriceps. If it's bad, there's no way he'd be able to pitch for a couple weeks. If it's just a minor tweak, a week of rest and ice and he could be 100%.

Awesome. Thanks. Good to know.

Archived