Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-22 Giants (Cain) at Brewers (Marcum), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/giants.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 22 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Giants (22-20) | Brewers (17-25)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/giants/cain-02.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/marcum-08.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]3-2, 2.67 ERA, 0.82 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]The road has been somewhat rough for Cain, who has recorded a 4.42 ERA away from AT&T Park this season. Home and away, he owns a 61-9 career record when San Francisco scores at least three runs for him.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-2, 3.31 ERA, 1.24 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Giants | Game Log[/h3][h3]After tweaking a muscle along his rib cage in warm-ups Thursday, Marcum was sore Friday, according to manager Ron Roenicke. But Roenicke doesn't expect Marcum to miss a start, saying a bullpen session this weekend could be more telling.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Gregor Blanco
  2. SS Brandon Crawford
  3. LF Melky Cabrera
  4. C Buster Posey
  5. CF Angel Pagan
  6. 1B Aubrey Huff
  7. 3B Joaquin Arias
  8. 2B Emmanuel Burriss
  9. RHP Matt Cain

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. 1B Taylor Green
  8. SS Cesar Izturis
  9. LHP Shaun Marcum

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking this morning that Hart might need a day off. Guess I need to be careful what I wish for...

I'm starting to feel like its the movie Groundhog Day. Every morning I wake up and think maybe this will be the day that Ramirez and Weeks start hitting.

Not a good send. Need to know the arms in the field. Average left fielder you're ok. Cabrera is an above average arm in left.

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

Follow me @BrewerMoose

If his wasn't so sad it would almost be funny......We just invent ways to not score.

ps. Have you guys ever seen manager play his infield in with 2nd and 3rd in the first inning down only 1? I mean if that isn't a sign of desperation I don't know what is.

San Fran must be like St. Louis, where average ball players end up being extraordinary for a year or two. See: Ross, Cody; Huff, Aubrey; Cabrera, Melky

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

Follow me @BrewerMoose

Aoki has pretty average speed. He's still tough to get out on a groundball because of the way he falls out of the box, not because he has great speed.

still, that was a great throw by Cabrera.

I can't fault Sedar on the send...Melky didn't even get his feet set, Posey wasn't blocking the plate so the throw needed to be perfect, and it was. If Aoki is a half step quicker he scores, but that's not a throw you expect even the best arms to make in that situation. Only reason it's an iffy send is because you have Braun coming up, but he's no guarantee if he's hurting.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived